Music Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Boxes

Just found one of my lost childhood memories on Ebay and thought I'd share it.
    I have no idea where it came from or who gave it to me

I use to love watching the clown dance ( mine was more of a classic circus clown than the one shown).
    Did anybody else own one of these? I think I kept a few beads in the drawer of mine. Wish I could recall the tune but sadly I cant.
    It's funny how seeing a photo can make you think 'Oh wow! I had one of those'

Heather

Re: Music Boxes

its just the beads u hae heather.
    tell me did u even remember what the beads where from and what it looked like before seeing this reminded you.

u must have got a very fuzzy warm feeling when u saw this.

thanks for sharing this.

never had one myself.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm not even 100% sure I did keep beads in it darren, but I did like to collect glass/plastic beads, they'd have a hole through the middle and we would thread them onto cotton to make our own bracelets. My Nan had tins full of beads and buttons that we could play with, so they probably came from her.
      I use to love watching the clown dance it fascinated me as a child, watching the watching he moved. It was very nice to come across one again after all these years.
      I would probably have never remembered it if I hadn't happened across it on Ebay. I wont be bidding though as its not quite the same one!
      Heather

Comment

Seeing this thread I thought of my own music box. A jewellery box with a little plastic ballet dancer that spun around infront of a mirror on the inside of the lid. Not as quaint as yours H.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I had one of those too! as does my daughter. Think I only ever had the two but I loved them both.
          The Ballerina one had a lift out jewelry compartment with space underneath to hide secret notes lol.
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
            I had one of those too! as does my daughter. Think I only ever had the two but I loved them both.
            The Ballerina one had a lift out jewelry compartment with space underneath to hide secret notes lol.
            My mum had one of these. The tune it played was Sugar Plum Fairy. I used to force the winder so the music sped up. I was a little sod when I was a kid.

Comment

My mum had a beautiful oriental style musical jewellery box when I was a child..............the tune was 'la vie en rose' with a ballet dancer that spun on a magnet on top of a mirror with a backdrop of 13 mirror strips which gave the illusion of 14 dancers in total.........the interior was red velvet.......I would dearly love to find one of these.....but after many hours searching online I think the chance of me finding one has to be so small

Comment

Anything like this?

Same style but slightly different http://www.flickr.com/photos/damself...n/photostream/
                Heather

Comment

this does look familiar.
                  im near certain my mum or one of my grannies had this exact one.
                  a beauty.

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                  Anything like this?

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74
                    opened the link to this one and the dancer is magnetic on a mirror like my mum's was..............you have my attention now
                    Last edited by shilton dipper; 27-06-2012, 20:59.

Comment

Shame that picture is 'protected' so I cant actually post to the forum
                      But hey it goes to show they are still out there
                      Heather

Comment

Working...
                      X