Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maya

Originally posted by walt64 View Post
    So did i, who played the australian pilot and what happened to him?
    Nick Tate. He's done loads of Film and TV since, and is still working. Here's a link to his site:

http://www.nicktate.com/

Comment

Re: Space 1999

Here is the episode called: Earthbound.The guest star is Sir Christopher Lee.

This episode,along with Sir Christopher's appearance in it,was being discussed at the christopherleeweb forum not so long ago.It's nice that people remember these obscure acting roles he had and still discuss them.
      I remember Nick Tate when i was a child,he was in a lot of programmes on tv.He always played the strong,rugged type of heroic guy.He was a very popular actor to watch for school children in my area,and everyone liked him on tv.

Comment

we used to play space 1999 at school using those big staple guns that only teachers seemed to have as our stun guns

Comment

1. I was about 9 when the series came out, and even then I was unimpressed with it. I didn't give a damn for the uncharismatic cast, especially Martin Landau (though I liked him in Ed Wood). Some years later I saw some repeats, and my opinion didn't change.

Comment

Used to enjoy watching the series, seemed to be on all the time. I suppose it hasn't aged that well being sort of hip and 70's in design. Also used to have one of the Eagle space craft toys. Think the kid over the road ended up with it the following year when mum had one of her sort outs. Just jogged a memory. Wasn't there a space 1999 ice lolly ?

Comment

same here i love space 1999 loved the shape shifter thought she was great
              had all the toys back in my younger days too

Originally posted by spearsey View Post
              Catherine Schell played the shape-shifter alien Maya in the second series. She changed into all sorts of terrestriel and extraterrestrial creatures.

I used to love S99 but when you see reveiws of it now it is largely slagged off. I used to have all the Dinky toy Eagle space craft.
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Stars Martin Landau & Caroline Bain

One thing that puzzled me: Virtually every episode they crashed one of their Eagle shuttles. How many did they have? Or did they have an Eagle shuttle manufacturing plant on Moonbase Alpha? Obviously new ones were not delivered from Earth as the moon had drifted too far away to allow this
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                  Stars Martin Landau & Caroline Bain
                  Barbara Bain........married Martin Landau

Comment

That's how it should be really seeing their characters were an item sort of on the series
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I loved this series although the quality of the episodes dropped when producer Freddie Freiberger came onboard in the 2nd season and got rid of Barry Morse as Victor Bergman though the addition of the beautiful Catherine Schell as Maya was a good one. I wished I'd kept the toy Eagle I had. They go for a lot of money these days.

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
                        ... the addition of the beautiful Catherine Schell as Maya was a good one.
                        This kind of parallels what they did with Star Trek: Voyager and Seven of Nine I suppose...

Comment

It still has its fans i remember well watching it.

I always regret not getting the toys and ships etc.

But yeah maya was class forgot all about her well its such a long time since i saw it.

catherine schell played the shape-shifter alien maya in the second series. She changed into all sorts of terrestriel and extraterrestrial creatures.

I used to love s99 but when you see reveiws of it now it is largely slagged off. I used to have all the dinky toy eagle space craft.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Catherine Schell played the shape-shifter alien Maya in the second series. She changed into all sorts of terrestriel and extraterrestrial creatures.

I used to love S99 but when you see reveiws of it now it is largely slagged off. I used to have all the Dinky toy Eagle space craft.
                            Thing is it is only slagged off against modern shows, which you can`t really compare against, but for it`s time it was bloody good

Comment

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
                              Thing is it is only slagged off against modern shows, which you can`t really compare against, but for it`s time it was bloody good
                              I've sometimes heard it compared to the Dr Who made at the same time.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The episode "Dragons Domain" was the one that scared me! Sheesh - crew members being forced into the thing and being pushed out as steaming skeletons - It made this, at the time 8 year old, poo his pants! ;-)

Dragons Domain

Comment

Working...
                                X