Space 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Space 1999

Have just received a Space 1999 Eagle through the post today.... :-)

Comment

Great classic programs cheesey but wow i love it
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I have bought a few of the DINKY Eagles and stripped them back to the metal and repainted them to represent more what the series showed - mostly white. They lookquite cool after a "refurb" - Only got one now as have given brother and freinds the others for presents

Comment

Did anybody ever buy the Airfix model of the Eagle Transporter? Dragon's Domain, in my opinion, was the best episode of the entire series.
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I always fancied Sanna I think her name was IIRC
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I think this was shown mid-week, maybe Wednesdays, at 8pm in my ITV region. It was a must-watch for me at the time.

Comment

Having just checked Wikipedia, it was actually Thursdays at 7pm in my region, or at least that's when it started being shown. It may have been moved to Wednesdays later on.

Comment

I have the pilot on VHS where the nuclear waste area explodes shooting the moon into distant space causing havoc on Earth with massive tidal waves in the Earth's oceans
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                    I always fancied Sanna I think her name was IIRC
                    The oriental girl? She was called Sandra.
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

That's her Zabadak
                      sigpic

Comment

Sandra Benes played by Zienia Merton

Attached Files
                        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Thanks Zabadak
                          sigpic

Comment

Now on Forces TV Monday-Friday 10pm and repeated at the weekend

Comment

Space 1999 is among my favourite television series of all time along with Planet of The Apes, The Invaders, Classic Doctor Who and many others...
                              JB

Comment

The episode Dragon's Domain as others have mentioned is a corker but they also had Another Time, Another Place where the moon returns to a ruined earth in the far future plus there is the Christopher Lee episode with a chance for one of the Alphans to return to earth 75 years after they left it! A brilliant series not ever bettered I'd say...
                                JB

Comment

Working...
                                X