• Show
Clear All

• Space 1999

I loved this series.
    They out on DVD now.
    Remember the cat woman in there?

The soundtracks were great.

Maya

Catherine Schell played the shape-shifter alien Maya in the second series. She changed into all sorts of terrestriel and extraterrestrial creatures.

I used to love S99 but when you see reveiws of it now it is largely slagged off. I used to have all the Dinky toy Eagle space craft.

Comment

Originally posted by psplounge
      I loved this series.
      They out on DVD now.
      Remember the cat woman in there?

The soundtracks were great.
      Do you mean cat woman from batman if so which one was it. I loved that show too. I remember the show with the alien in the doorway. That was one of my fav episodes.

Comment

I remember Space 1999,, (they said I was drunk)

Aitch,

Comment

space 1999

I used to watch this religiously on at sunday lunchtime. Seeing it again it's really corny, but I still love it!

Comment

Hi All,
            Did anyone ever visit the Gerry Anderson show that was on blackpool sea front in the late 70's or early 80's ? There were loads of costumes, monster suits and those strange s99 guns and communicators. There were also props and puppets from Joe 90, Thunderbirds etc. It was fantastic. Further down the prom was a show with the mummified body of a 2 headed giant! You don't find stuff like that anymore!!

Merry Christmas

Comment

Yeah remember the exhibition/show in Blackpool was kool to see the props etc, and i had a utility belt from there with a laser gun from Space 1999, which i still have. and there was the original Doctor Who exhibition down a side street too, had a huge TARDIS outside which you walked through and down the stairs greated by the Robot from Tom Bakers first story. Though theres a new exhibtion on the sea front now, thats good, but the Doctor Who exhibition in Cardiff is fantastic, and you gett o see some of the locations where the new series and forthcoming Torchwood was/is made too.

Comment

space 1999 brilliant series...........god love the 70's

Comment

I loved most of the 70's ,the music was better in the 80's though. The Eagles rocked, one of the best spacecraft designs ever. Gerry Anderson is a God or should at least be a Sir.

Comment

space 1999 is still being shown on (i think ) itv3 in the uk .... cheesy as ever

Comment

Yeah Your Rite S1999 Is On Tv

Comment

Still love the Eagles, though i did fancy Maya it was because she was a shape changer? And i like Barbera Bain too.

Comment

Re: Space 1999

A classic show which I used to watch on Friday evenings, Dragon's Domain was a scary episode and my own faves (from series one) include Voyager's Return and Earthbound. I still have my Eagle and Freighter Eagle somewhere (sadly not boxed) and I can highly reccomend the remastered DVD edition of Series One. Generally I'm a purist, but the series sounds great in 5.1.

A new book about the series was recently published entitled "Destination Moonbase Alpha" by Robert E Wood which I've not had time to read yet.

Here's one of my fave collectables (of any genre), the rare Space 1999 gun, I also have the board (bored ) game somewhere along with the old Viewmaster reels, great memories and a great series.

Ed

Comment

Re: Space 1999

I used to watch it on Friday night after Kick Off. Then series 2 was shown on Sunday afternoons. Dragons Domain scared me first time I saw it. It wasn't the monster, it was what was regurgitated from it. I had both eagles. What used to bug me was they were never replicated in the correct colours. On the series they were white but Dinky decided to do them in blue and green (wtf?) so I painted mine white and they looked much better.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Re: Maya

So did i, who played the australian pilot and what happened to him?

Comment

Working...
                              X