Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turn That Cr*p Off!!!

Originally posted by darren View Post
    if its pop rap then why is it not called what it should be called its giving hip hop a bad name.
    It's down to the media, lazy journalists call pop rappers hip hop artists to make them appear more credible.
    Real hip hop is a very underground thing in 2012, the record labels like to associate their 'artists' with a scene, it happens with lots of pop music.
    True hip hop is not very popular at all, it's artists are not very well known & make little money, they do it for the love of the culture.
    Because of this, 95% of the music that people are angry about because they hear it hear booming out of cars isn't hip hop, it's just masquerading as such.
    Just because something has rapping on it, it doesn't mean that it's hip hop.

Thanks for the open mindedness Darren bud, MF Doom is an amazing lyricist, however, his music is not easy to get into upon your first listen. Stick with him & you will be rewarded !

And just to get back on topic, I also hate hearing music playing out of poorly equipped cars. House music in particular.
    (Yeah, i know I said that all kinds of music are good earlier, but we all have to dislike something. I think it helps to put things in perspective.)

Comment

• Re: Turn That Cr*p Off!!!

i

thats fine mate.

must say im not a fan of any music being played loud out of car windows.
      any song that has a swear. word in it just turns me of it completely.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
      It's down to the media, lazy journalists call pop rappers hip hop artists to make them appear more credible.
      Real hip hop is a very underground thing in 2012, the record labels like to associate their 'artists' with a scene, it happens with lots of pop music.
      True hip hop is not very popular at all, it's artists are not very well known & make little money, they do it for the love of the culture.
      Because of this, 95% of the music that people are angry about because they hear it hear booming out of cars isn't hip hop, it's just masquerading as such.
      Just because something has rapping on it, it doesn't mean that it's hip hop.

Thanks for the open mindedness Darren bud, MF Doom is an amazing lyricist, however, his music is not easy to get into upon your first listen. Stick with him & you will be rewarded !

And just to get back on topic, I also hate hearing music playing out of poorly equipped cars. House music in particular.
      (Yeah, i know I said that all kinds of music are good earlier, but we all have to dislike something. I think it helps to put things in perspective.)
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
      X