Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was this gameshow (coloured spheres)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was this gameshow (coloured spheres)?

Description : Prob mid 90's , daytime. The game focused around an array of coloured spheres (early computer graphics btw rather than "real" spheres). The spheres had three possible colours (red, blue, green) and one colour was assigned to each contestant. Each sphere colour could be changed by correctly answering questions.

I can't remember whether the objective was to make rows of colours (eg like connect 4) or whether contestants were supposed to "trap/block" their opponent with a wall of their colour. Whatever it was however the basic idea of of the game was that each contestant had a colour and the more questions they got right more the more spheres in their colour they had and then could implement whatever strategy they needed in order to win the game on the board.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Thanks.

Re: What was this gameshow (coloured spheres)?

It sounds like Turnabout, the sphere part of the game.

The board was a 4X4 grid, with points being scored for getting 3 or 4 spheres of their colour in a row, noughts & crosses style.

I remember it used to be on BBC1 at lunchtime in the Going For Gold slot.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That's the one! Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3KgjVbpdJ8

Comment

Originally posted by Avahi1057 View Post
        ARGH! THE PAIN WILLIAM, THE PAIN! I thought I'd exorcised this travesty from my mind forever!

Doesn't the presenter Rob Curling look like Ashley from Emmerdale as well!

Comment

love this show.

i was so addicted to it.
          glad i was remined of it.

and yes rob looks like ashley.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I used to love the "snooker ball" type spheres change colour, Connect 4-alike - the corner ones were grey in which the contestants had to change to their own colour. There was one edition where two out of three contestants actually came from the area that I live now!

Rob Curling used to co-present the "EastEnders of regional news" Newsroom South East - the programme that people used to see when their own region didn't opt out in time for their regional news! Curling was also a stooge in a few Beadle's About stunts along with Mike "Roland Browning's Dad" Savage in the early 1990s - no surprise that Clive Doig was involved in both those programmes.

And there was a pond in the middle of the studio - well, it looked lovely on screen with ripples going along it. Apprently the water used to spill onto the studio floor and the staff sometimes had to mop it out of the way.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Incorrectly had this in mind......
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEHBeY8WTgM
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                Incorrectly had this in mind......
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEHBeY8WTgM
                They weren't golden.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Is that Jasper Carrott one a new one? I've never seen that before. It amazes me how many Quiz/Game shows the UK has now compared to Australia, we get some of the UK ones on TV here but also have our own versions of them. When i was back home visiting my folks there seemed to be a different quiz/game show on at all times!

Don't get me wrong, I love them, I even have the Telly Addicts DVD game (and the Wii version) i'm that sad.

Comment

Working...
                  X