X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mail order catalogues

Originally posted by ziksby View Post
    Found ..... after another search .... ARGOS cat.no. 8 Autumn 1977. Can scan and post pics if anyone is interested.
    How much does a First edition of a Green Shields stamps catalogue go for?

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      Here it is and having seen it up close I'm sure I had one too
      I had one of these too! Never knew what the brown thing in the left hand corner was for.....

Comment

If IRC it was where the till reciept went, you fed the paper though.
        Heather

Comment

Re: Mail order Catalogues

My sister had that kind of till as well, it might be still up our loft if my parents didn't give it away.

I had one very similar with a coin sorter, which was nice as I could roll the coins down it in a random order & it would let them fall into the right sized tube for each value.

Unfortunately the main till part broke & the above was purchased to replace it.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            My sister had that kind of till as well, it might be still up our loft if my parents didn't give it away.

I had one very similar with a coin sorter, which was nice as I could roll the coins down it in a random order & it would let them fall into the right sized tube for each value.

Unfortunately the main till part broke & the above was purchased to replace it.
            Heather

Comment

That's the one, thanks!
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Here it is and having seen it up close I'm sure I had one too
                Just seen this

I used to have this, I had completely forgotten about it until I saw the pic, ah memories
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Luxury-Yacht View Post
                  As a young lad with a growing interest in the female form I used to really look forward to the new Freeman's catalogue with page after page of fit young women in their underwear. An added bonus was if the old one got chucked out and somehow found its way to my room as scrap paper or something. Really surprised one time to see a picture of a half-cup bra (think that's the term?) with the model effectively topless, if you get my drift. Probably no one would bat an eyelid nowadays, but this seemed pretty amazing in a "family" catalogue way back in about 1970.
                  Me too, I grew up in the 60's and was quite amazed when I started geting involved with girls that they didn't all wear girdles. That's all the catalogue women's undies page seemed to have in those days

Comment

Ziksby
                    Thank you, thank you thank you,
                    I had the Holly Hobby House when i was a kid and i loved it. I've searched the internet for it for ages and you've put it up here.
                    Thanks

Comment

I loving this thread it brings back so many memories for me

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                        Just seen this

I used to have this, I had completely forgotten about it until I saw the pic, ah memories
                        Me too! I got quite emotional when I saw that pic. I remember spending ages making a replacement till roll when the original one got used up...
                        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Would love to see, and have scanned the net, for anyone who has pics of John Moores, Universal, and the like - of.....the
                          shoes section, from the 1970's, I would love to see any shots of those mad footwear fashions we used to buy at that time..example.....
                          sigpic
                          Don't worry Cheryl....
                          I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

These are mine and I bought them from KAYS catalogue in 1979 - still have them, and still fit!

Although I have this right foot one as a display item more than a wear item.....
                            The soles are true crepe and they tend to get sticky and after a stroll through the town
                            many years ago, I got home to find I had brought back many a bus ticket on my sole plus
                            sweet wrappers and shop stickers....
                            sigpic
                            Don't worry Cheryl....
                            I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

One of my earliest Memories is looking through Mrs Archer's Kays catalogue. Mum said she would come in and catch me sitting on the couch with the catalogue on my knee and my feet not reaching the end on the sofa cushion. She would ask me what I was doing and I would tell her "I'm looking at the Cheeky Ladies!" 4 years old.

BTW Ace shoes, I had the different coloured leather shoes in the 70s.

Comment

Those multi coloured shoes are just fab! Remember them well
                                sigpic
                                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                                X