This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mail order Catalogues

Anyone have any pages with electric fans? Thank you.

Comment

My mother was an agent for the John England catalogue - she used to say how she would get commission on purchases because she was an agent. We had a customer who lived a couple of streets away who used to buy all her furniture from that catalogue.

I remember those brown or black plastic wallets that contained payment cards and books and things.

Victor Lewis-Smith mentioned John England in his Daily Mirror Saturday columns in the late 1990s.

And I once misheard John Inman's name as John England. True.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        I just loved reading catalogues flicking thru it for hrs looking at all the lovely pics.
        So many amazing toys.
        Be it kays or any catalogue i could not wait to read them.
        Me too Darren mate ...... and not just Mail Order ones but Argos and index (Littlewoods) etc!!

when I think how many of those I got rid of - they sure was Cultural to collect as Collectables back in the day!!!

80sChav

Comment

Nowadays mail order catalogues are few & far between as most shops have catalogues on line
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I actually thought that Littlewoods would have gone under when their High Street shops closed - I assume that it was a different division of the company.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              Another thing I've noticed/forgrotten was that you could buy shotguns on the Kays catalogue!!
              oh and a younger Vikki Michelle and a teenaged Nick kamen are models in an early eighties copy I have
              OMG

Really? What about the firearms license? Did you have to send them a Xerox of the license before they would sell you one?
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Talking of mail order catalogues there was a joke about Littlewoods:

A woman answers the door to find a guy on the doorstep.

"Hello Madam I'm from Littlewoods"

"What? Have I won?"

"No your son has been arrested for shoplifting"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X