Faggots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faggots?

I think we have a box of them in the freezer-still have 'em quite regularly. Lovely stuff.

Comment

Four for a pound in Asda (Brains)...........can't go wrong!

Comment

Try your local Butchers. Our local butcher does 8 for £4 and they are awesome! They make Mr. Brains taste like offal and they're huge.

Comment

We have all heard of Mr Brains faggots but are there any other brands or even supermarket own brands?

The only commercially available faggots seem only to priduced by the company Brains

Are there any other food producers who produce them? Or are they only otherwise available freshly made from a butchers?
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

New Improved
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Never had these before

mr brains such a strange name for the company who sells them.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                Never had these before

mr brains such a strange name for the company who sells them.
                The name has been going for a long time darren

Comment

I used to think the reason for the name was the ingredients: Pigs brains lol

Not that faggots are made with pigs brains btw lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I still have them occasionally.
                    When my kids were young I used to call them monkey brains. Strangely it didn't put them off and they loved them too.

Comment

I Remember the ad on the local fruit and veg shop window - shop was owned by an old guy wearing a deaf aid and smoked a pipe in the shop - GREAT SMELLS every time u went in - the ad was there on the window well after the shop was vacated - anyway tried them a couple of times and a really 'unique' taste - will have to try some again now as you have piqued my interest

Comment

I've recently seen faggots sold individually in butchers; unlike Brain's brand they are dry; not in gravy
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                          I've recently seen faggots sold individually in butchers; unlike Brain's brand they are dry; not in gravy
                          Although i don't like faggots i love the gravy from them over chips, plenty of vinegar though first on the chips and then pour the gravy over, smells delicious and tastes delicious!

Comment

Most people thought that Mr Brain was like Mr Kipling - a fictitious character that was invented by some sort of marketing ploy for the benefit of advertising, but there were adverts from the late 1980s or early 1990s showing some sub-Edwardian footage of a man called Herbert Hill Brain who worked in a butchers, who founded or invented the said food.

And of course you never had political correctness back in 1929 when Brain started to make them - look at how the BBC tried to ban the Pogues' Christmas song because the word Faggot was used.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              And of course you never had political correctness back in 1929 when Brain started to make them - look at how the BBC tried to ban the Pogues' Christmas song because the word Faggot was used.
                              That's the US aspect; 'faggot' is their word for someone being homosexual
                              sigpic

Comment

We have got Fairy Liquid, so anything is possible...
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X