Vague cartoon memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vague cartoon memory

Not much to go on at all I'm afraid. Vague memories of the opening sequence of a cartoon where someone gets into perhaps a big serpent craft thing with windows where the eyes would be. I may be totally wrong with this! Some sort of action cartoon? Probably American or Japanese. Seen in the early 80s. It's another very long shot!

Not battle of the planets, which was my favourite cartoon ever!
    1976 Vintage

Re: Vague cartoon memory

The original Japanese version of Battle of The Planets or G - Force as it was also known is far more better than the edited down and added in '7 ZARK 7' robot bits AND Zoltar, the main villain was actually....A HERMAPHRODITE! Adds up because I remember 'him' being able to turn from male to female when 'he' disguised himself - a very common theme in Japanese Anime as other cartoons like Baron Ashura in Mazinger Z and Gandal in UFO ROBOT GRENDIZER, these shows were known as Tranzor Z in the USA and the latter as Goldrake and Goldorak in Italy and France...

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      ... Vague memories of the opening sequence of a cartoon where someone gets into perhaps a big serpent craft thing with windows where the eyes would be.

Could it have been The Mysterious Cities of Gold? That had a gold aircraft in the stylised shape of a condor, with windows for eyes. I recall it was shown in the opening sequence, which was very confusing given they didn't have it in the actual cartoon until it had nearly finished!
      -------------------
      ForgetfulOne

Comment

Thanks but not Cities of Gold. Remember that well! This would have been on around '80 - '83 and perhaps during Saturday morning TV.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

The serpent/eye description reminded me of the Captain Nemo cartoon.

Maybe this was repeated in the Eighties?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JljzW...eature=related

Comment

Do you know you might be on to something there! I really don't remember much about the cartoon but the serpent eyes craft thing and I'm sure it had a jazzy theme tune like the one in the clip. It's the right sort of age too so I reckon it was probably this. Thanks!
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
            X