Did they have split-screen technology in the early 90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they have split-screen technology in the early 90's

I seem to recall watching the Olympics around about '92 or '96 and seeing small screen showing one a event in a small screen in the bottom corner of the TV ... did they have the technology back then ??

Re: Did they have split-screen technology in the early 90's

I can remember in 1982 watching a surrealist film by Jaques Tati that was actually 4 films on the screen at the same time...........I dont know the title or when it was made......but I can tell you I watched and was able to follow the 4 different stories and retell them all after............very bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
      I can remember in 1982 watching a surrealist film by Jaques Tati that was actually 4 films on the screen at the same time...........I dont know the title or when it was made......but I can tell you I watched and was able to follow the 4 different stories and retell them all after............very bizarre

That sounds like it could be slightly different technology ... what do you reckon ??

Comment

Yeah, picture in picture was a hyped but brief technology usually offered in video recorders in the late 80s/early 90s, and on some TVs, the 'Flatter, Squarer Tube' ones if I recall correctly. Driver airbags in cars were a similar short lived technology which of course came back as a standard item in car safety. PinP was fairly useless though, it'd be easy to implement today but not really useful.
        I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Working...
        X