Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World

Fond memories of this program, can't seem to find much on it in DYR? but then again, probably not ooking hard enough LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_...sterious_World
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Re: Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World

I remember it. One episode was on reincarnation and some of it was based in Sri Lanka - where Clarke lived til his death in 2008. In that episode there was a little girl, who had died aged between 2 - 4 years old, maybe she was 6, I cannot recall exactly. The little girl had a lot of soft toys which she kept in a cupboard. On the day of her death, another child - a girl - was born so it said and as she learnt to speak she began mentioning she had 'another Mummy and Daddy' and a 'cupboard full of teddies', eventually investigations where made and she was taken to the house where the little girl who had died had lived in. The other little girl went straight to the cupboard and opened it and took out her soft toys - she'd never been there ever before.

On the programme, I think they interviewed both families and the little girl had made some startling comments - she even knew the names of her other 'family' - the interpretation was she was indeed reincarnated. The programme also said that over time they stopped taking her to her previous family in the hope she would forget her former life and simply live her new one as she should do - I think a Village Holy Man (Spiritual Witch Doctor) made this suggestion as they also felt the 'previous mother' was going to become too attached to the little girl.

It was a fascinating episode - saw it in 1985.

Comment

Really liked this program,Arthur C Clarke covered quite a bit of ground with it.It's about time it had another showing on telly.

Comment

I remember years later I started buying the series on VHS @ roughly £12 a pop well over £100 anyway

maybe time to upgrade

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arthur-Clark...4141041&sr=8-1
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

The price is very tempting.Certainly worth obtaining a copy which I shall do when I get paid.It will be good to see this series again after all these years.
          Slightly off topic the Goodies done an episode,Bigfoot where they set off to find the mysterious Arthur C Clarke only to find out it was Graham all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
            The price is very tempting.Certainly worth obtaining a copy which I shall do when I get paid.It will be good to see this series again after all these years.
            Slightly off topic the Goodies done an episode,Bigfoot where they set off to find the mysterious Arthur C Clarke only to find out it was Graham all the time.
            The best bit about that spoof was that they said Arthurs show got cancelled because.....IT DIDN'T EXIST!

Comment

Funnily enough I was looking on Amazon.co.uk recently and just out of curiosity I put in Arthur C Clarke Mysterious World and it is available on DVD region 2. However if you are looking for his other tv show World Of Strange Powers it is only available on region 4 = which means it will not be suitable for british dvd players. I can't understand why his tv shows have not been available on dvd for us brits, don't make sense. I used to love his shows really interesting and insightful.
              Still at least amazon have copies depending on the type of dvd player you have. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X