Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember a 70s movie about a vampire woman with the plague?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone remember a 70s movie about a vampire woman with the plague?

Oh and I'm quite sure her own grave was in the graveyard too.

Comment

At Last,We're Free!

The film was not a full film Ann,it was a short half hour film.It was made in 1975 and starred Glynis Johns.The film is called: Mrs Amworth.
      The reason it *plagued* me for so long when you asked about it,was because i remember seeing it years ago as a child and absolutely loved it.I remember her gliding through the graveyard in white and the tune,or song,Greensleeves was playing.It can only be bought on DVD in Region 1,which plays on american DVD players,or a DVD player which can be adapted to 0 regions.As you can imagine,Glynis Johns played Mrs Amworth,and here is a link to see it.Get it while you can.

I hope this has made your day Ann.

Comment

And the extra good news,Glynis Johns is still alive.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!!! I can't believe it! This is it!! I was mistaken about the plague part. It was mentioned as in 'epidemic' but yes this is definitely it! Well done Moonvisage- how did you find it??

Comment

I'm glad it was the correct film and you enjoy seeing it again Ann.I found it by looking on google,using different wordings than vampire,plague etc,when i was looking for the film for you.I came across loads of black and white pictures,then caught sight of a colour picture that looked obscure,so i checked it out.It turned out to be a blog reviewing the film.The man who wrote the book it's based on,was the son of the archbishop of canterbury and he also wrote the Mapp and Lucia books.Judging by the bus seen when glynis picks up david and his uncle at the beginning,it must have been filmed in Gloucestershire somewhere,even though the story is based in a sussex village.I can't fathom where the village is in Gloucestershire though.
            The short film comes from a horror trilogy called Three Dangerous Ladies,which was released in 1977,and here it is on youtube.

I hope you enjoy seeing it.

Comment

I searched and searched for that for hours. I read plot summaries of every made for TV movie from 1960-1981. I even searched for dramas and books but got nowhere. My inclusion of 'plague' in my searches prob didn't help either. I had it in my head that there were kids in it too, was likely the wee lad at the at window at the end that stuck in my head.

Comment

It's been exactly the same for me for a long time,so last night,i thought... what other words can i put in to the search.I can't remember what words i used,but they came out with a picture of Glynis Johns lying in a coffin wrapped up in white.I checked it out,and whew! at last! It sounds like you put a lot of work into finding the film,especially reading all the plot summeries,it must have been really frustrating and tiring for you.I am so glad i've been able to help you Ann.

Comment

Working...
                X