Trying to find title of film of man with chip(spirit)on his shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find title of film of man with chip(spirit)on his shoulder

There's another film that's been bugging me a bit. I'd like to know the name of it. I feel it was quite short so I was under the impression that it was part of an Anthology. I thought it was part of Dr Terror's House of Horrors but I've checked and it's not though it feels like it's from that era. I remember it quite well except for the name of it....here goes..

This man on a train meets a strange woman passenger. She's quite eccentric with a mop of hair, glasses and mad looking clothes. She tells him that he has a 'chip' on his shoulder, that it's a mischievous spirit called an 'elementary'. She says he'll need to get rid of it and gives him her phone number. The man thinks she's barmy and goes off home a little disturbed...however a few days later he has a change of heart. I remember this spirit claws at his wife during the night and she blames him. He calls the woman from the train. Think she arrives on a moped or something odd. Anyway, she performs a sort of exorcism on the man and thinks all is well and the entity has left. After the woman leaves the film gets quite spooky, there's all sorts of stuff happening, doors banging and wind blowing. Then at the end I remember the man is lying on his back on the ground (I forget how he got there) the living room door opens and his wife steps out, all slow motion and wind blowing her hair, she's been possessed by the spirit. She speaks in a demonic voice to him saying 'you denied me life'..Think she kills him then, I forget. Anyone else see this? I picture the an as a Denham Elliot lookalike but I could well be wrong. I looked up his filmography but don't see anything resembling this.

Re: Trying to find title of film of man with chip(spirit)on his shoulder

This is the segment called "The Elemental" in "From Beyond The Grave".

Comment

For feck sake Willpurry, I actually looked that up about ten times along with Dr Terrors House of Horrors. I don't know how I missed it. Just did it again and there it is. I'm so dozy! Thanks a mil for that, I had to laugh when I saw the word was 'elemental' not 'elementary'

Comment

how do u not remember that classic i love that film
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I thought I remembered every part of that film xmark. I can't explain my stupidity.

Comment

That's right. It WAS from the portmanteau movie From Beyond The Grave, and a cracking little story it was too, originally written by the late, great R. Chetwynd-Hayes. The part where it goes into the wife's body was really creepy (shades of The Exorcist here).
            Wirral Writer
            www.alantoner.com

Comment

Working...
            X