Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things we got or had collected for us as kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things we got or had collected for us as kids?

Remember the things we had or were collected for us by family and friends etc as kids:
    1. Green Shield stamps.
    2. CO-OP stamps.
    3. Cigarette cards, Benson and hedges, collected them for gifts?
    4. Petrol station freebies. My dad and my grandad collected stuff for me, cards, albums to put the cards, mainly historical figures, medals busts of football stars, I had the 1966 world cup team.
    5. Cereal's the freebies within the packets, I had small plastic Thunderbirds figures, Magic Roundabout too.
    Anythng else?
    Or what did you have, get, want, but never had?
    Last edited by Oggy; 29-10-2006, 19:58.

A friend of my dad drove a HGV and so used to get loads of petrol vouchers, so I had tonnes of smurfs collected with the vouchers given to me. Little houses for them and stuff. In fact I till have them to this day!
    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

My sister had a mad binge on Smurfs, thye might be worth something now, or sell them on Ebay? I sold aload of my old Dinky, Corgi cars on there a few months ago.

Comment

Re: Things we got or had collected for us as kids?

I got my Collector's badge at Brownies with my collection of toy rabbits - though the only one I remember in detail was a pink fluffy one that was really a pajama case - I called him Lettuce!
        I collected all kinds of things. Marbles was one, Whimsies (little china animals), leaves, kept a scrapbook of horse-related stuff. One of the more unusual collections was the little stickers from fruit - I still collect those today, I've got several thousand different ones!
        The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

were the Whimsies, similar to the Wade animals?

Comment

At our school we collected rubbers all different shapes, colours and sizes, some smelt fab too, keyrings, and badges,pencil toppers, my personal collection was the rubbers my best being one shaped like an ice cream and one that looked like the coconut round liquirice allsort.oh and my animal ones. lol
            Heather

Comment

Never had the discipline as a kid to start a collection of anything - I usually ended up losing anything like sweet cigarette cards, etc. Now I've a coin collection of I'd say 100 or so.
              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I collected erasers from a very early age - novelty ones, that is. Fragranced ones, sparkly ones, ones with moving parts.....and I still have them all at the age of 35!

~Smee_1972

Comment

I collected keyrings and stickers, i still have books filled with millions of stickers in the loft, some of my keyrings i've kept but a lot went to charity shope over the years. I also have a collection of postcards of all the places i've visited over the years, still have that collection going now!

Did anyone else used to collect the old fashioned plastic bread clips and put them on their bike? we had hundreds of them!
                  Last edited by andria; 09-02-2007, 21:42.
                  "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I've loads of keyrings around the house but got them all as presents so I'd feel bad about giving them away.

Comment

Dust

Comment

Apart from books and music (vinyl, tapes and cd's) mentioned on here before I collected the usually footie player card from packets o chewing gum. There were also probably mid 60's American civil war cards which I had a huge collection of at one time. Pretty gory scenes too if I remember.
                        The eyes have it!
                        sigpic

Comment

i collected football stickers albums.
                          and them silly character things that went on the end of your pen/pencil.
                          then diecast model cars.

Comment

Anyone collect those football cards where you scratch the panel on the back with a coin to find out (e.g.) how many goals Bobby Charlton scored for Man Utd in 1973 ?

Comment

I used to collect Esso coins as a kid as well as stamps (sad,I know).
                              then moved onto football cards and stickers,then topps trading cards.
                              I still have a selection of band badges from the 80's.
                              thinking of starting to collect old 70's advertising ones too

Comment

Working...
                              X