Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mum's

Default My Mum's

Does anyone remember a cut-price brand of food from the 80's called My Mum's and have any info about what happened to them?

I remember you could buy all sorts of their stuff, bread, salt, crisps etc. and possibly not just food stuff either. From what I can remember, the packaging was bright yellow. I've searched all over the place for information about them but can't find any details or pictures.

Thanks!

Default Re: My Mum's

I remember that the Fine Fare had a 'Yellow Pack' range. Not heard of My Mum's brand.
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Yes I remember My Mum's! Our local general dealers had it as their cheap brand for a while. The packaging was indeed bright yellow with My Mum's written in blue and on a diagonal in the style of hand writing. I have no idea what happened to the brand though.
    1976 Vintage

I remember it too, mentioned here on another forum

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/arch...hp/t-5222.html
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

im sure we never had had my mums brand over here.

perhaps certain parts of the country had this brand.

sf1378 Guest

Don't know the brand you mention but interesting to know...but while we're on about 'My Mum's' - remember MUM deodorant? The song used to go:

My Mum's better than your Mum! No! MY Mum's better than your's!'

My Mum actually used to sing that - one time she said it to me in front of my Dad and I simply replied:

Yes, she is isn't she....

My Dad got the joke and nearly wet himself with laughter - it was only then my Mum realised what she'd said....lol...

I remember some My Mum's products were around from about 1987 to 1992, I think they might have been sold through certain discount shops.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Just thinking where I saw them, my local corner shop stocked them and we'd usually buy the biscuits such as Custard Creams.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Quote Originally Posted by HG View Post
    I remember it too, mentioned here on another forum

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/arch...hp/t-5222.html
    Brilliant, thanks! I'm not going mad then as other people remember them too, I'd forgotten about the funny quotes they used to put on some items!

I remember the local corner shop stocked loads of their stuff, probably around 1985 or so but it seems they were around long before that.

I'm not certain on this, but I think they might have changed their name to Happy Shopper.
    Like I say, i'm not 100% by any means, but I think I remember My Mum's disapearing around the same time Happy Shopper appeared.
    Any out there know any better ???