Hide and Seek Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide and Seek Memory

This is the way we played Hide and Seek. When there was one person left to find, the person seeking them could shout something out if they were to difficult to find. Does anyone remember what this was? Thanks.

Re: Hide and Seek Memory

We shouted something like 'olly olly oxen free'
    Heather

Comment

I don't knowa any particular saying, I do remember one time, hiding for hours and hours on a tree stump overgrown all the way round with bushes 'cos everyone had gone home. Hide and seek is great fun, especially when you're hiding with someone else and the seeker is right beside you and can't see you. There's a desperate urge to laugh.

Comment

We also sometimes shouted come out,come out,where ever you are
        Heather

Comment

That sounds familiar Heather. I know when we finished counting we'd shout out..'Here I come, ready or not. Stay in your place or you'll be caught!'

Comment

Yep "come out, come out, wherever you are" and "ready or not here I come" were the ones we used.

Comment

When we couldn't find the last person we would shout "Alley alley in". That way they would know they had won and would walk out of wherever they were hiding. It was a rare thing to happen but I remember it well as I would often win this way because I hid in a hedge that was full of spiders where most other kids wouldn't go. Happy days

Cheers,
              Finnthedude.

Comment

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
                Yep "come out, come out, wherever you are" and "ready or not here I come" were the ones we used.
                That sound more familiar. I seem to remember a rhyme, "Come out, come out, wherever you are. If you can't come on your own then come in a car". But I'm unsure about the last part.

Comment

yes these where the ones we used as kids as well.
                  its interesting to hear what others members used.

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

we would shout 'olly olly olly' or 'ready or not here i come'

Comment

Working...
                    X