moonraker
    the spy who loved me
    man with the golden gun
    fior your eyes only

on her majestys secret service
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Favourite James Bond Films

The Spy Who Loved Me is my all time favourite. Incidentally, its also Sir Roger Moore's. For me, its perfect - the money spent on it, the locations, the set design by Ken Adam that led to the massive 007 Stage at Pinewood having to be built simultaneously around the Stronberg Tanker Submarine Dock and Control Centre base was superb. The theme song's very good too and its one of Roger's best performances. True, its a bit of a retread of previous Bond stories but its just brilliant. The original plot was going to be a young cabal of Terrorists overthrowing the SPECTRE Leadership and threatening nuclear armageddon but this was deemed too political for the times (Baader - Meinhoff etc) so was scrapped in favour of Stromberg etc. I love JAWS in it - he's coldly evil in this one more so than in its follow up MOONRAKER, which has a similar story but I love it also for the sameish reasons - I love the injection of humour in that one though. My parents liked the sight gags a lot. I also like FOR YOUR EYES ONLY - originally billed as the next film after SPY...but due to the Star Wars craze they opted to spend $30 MILLION to make it, making MOONRAKER the most expensive BOND to date, all the other films could have been made collectively with the budget alone! FOR YOUR EYES ONLY proved Roger could do serious, no gadgetry / lean / streamlined BOND and its just as brilliant...to tell the truth, I grew up more with Roger Moore's Bond and love his stuff in that era.

Comment

On Her Majesty's Secret Service - 2 reasons:

1. The theme tune is John Barry's best
        2. Diana Rigg (sigh....)

Comment

Goldfinger
          Thunderball -- I liked the Vulcan bomber in the film.

The Best Theme: The Man With the Golden Gun

Comment

Has anyone read the novels? - I'm working my way through the audiobooks on the way to work. Just finished Thunderball.

Interesting that some of the films followed the plots closely, others not so much.

Comment

Yes grew up with roger moore's bond films.

thats what i like about for your eyes only its more serious and roger pulled it off well, proving he was very god both being serious and being funny.
              spy who loved me and for your eyes only have fantastic theme songs at the start.

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
              The Spy Who Loved Me is my all time favourite. Incidentally, its also Sir Roger Moore's. For me, its perfect - the money spent on it, the locations, the set design by Ken Adam that led to the massive 007 Stage at Pinewood having to be built simultaneously around the Stronberg Tanker Submarine Dock and Control Centre base was superb. The theme song's very good too and its one of Roger's best performances. True, its a bit of a retread of previous Bond stories but its just brilliant. The original plot was going to be a young cabal of Terrorists overthrowing the SPECTRE Leadership and threatening nuclear armageddon but this was deemed too political for the times (Baader - Meinhoff etc) so was scrapped in favour of Stromberg etc. I love JAWS in it - he's coldly evil in this one more so than in its follow up MOONRAKER, which has a similar story but I love it also for the sameish reasons - I love the injection of humour in that one though. My parents liked the sight gags a lot. I also like FOR YOUR EYES ONLY - originally billed as the next film after SPY...but due to the Star Wars craze they opted to spend $30 MILLION to make it, making MOONRAKER the most expensive BOND to date, all the other films could have been made collectively with the budget alone! FOR YOUR EYES ONLY proved Roger could do serious, no gadgetry / lean / streamlined BOND and its just as brilliant...to tell the truth, I grew up more with Roger Moore's Bond and love his stuff in that era.

Comment

Nice scene from OHMSS:

Comment

sure is catflap.

and a great song we have all the time in the world.

and you also see bonds wife in it the only time you ever see her which makes the film extra special.

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                  Nice scene from OHMSS:

Comment

I've never ever seen any of the classic Bond movies, despite the fact that ITV and its other channels seemed to screen them all the time. Saying that, I only saw Goldeneye and Die Another Day recently when I picked them up on the cheap. Really enjoyed Goldeneye and Love the final set piece, in truth I Intended to watch this due to the fact I was a big fan of the N64 Goldeneye game which stayed faithful to the film in almost every way. Die Another Day looks to be universally hated by the Bond community, this was Brosnan's last Bond and you can really tell as he's kinda just having a laugh. Despite that though, I love Die Another Day, yeah it gets incredibly stupid and some of the effects and acting are laughable but I had a hell of a fun time watching it and at the end of the day, isn't that what it's all about?

I'll have to try and find The World is Not Enough sometime, remember going to see that for a mate's birthday back then. Remember all the hype when it was revealed the millennium dome would be making an appearance in the opening sequence? Wow, how time flies.

Comment

I'm another of the Roger Moore generation. My favourites are Spy who loved me, For your eyes only and Goldfinger. I like most of em but not a fan of the Tim Dalton ones. Not his fault but badly mis-cast imho.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I really think yor missing out mate not having seen any of the older bond films.

Have you seen any of the Connery,Moore ones.
                        Ohmss is a true classic and my fave.

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                        I've never ever seen any of the classic Bond movies, despite the fact that ITV and its other channels seemed to screen them all the time. Saying that, I only saw Goldeneye and Die Another Day recently when I picked them up on the cheap. Really enjoyed Goldeneye and Love the final set piece, in truth I Intended to watch this due to the fact I was a big fan of the N64 Goldeneye game which stayed faithful to the film in almost every way. Die Another Day looks to be universally hated by the Bond community, this was Brosnan's last Bond and you can really tell as he's kinda just having a laugh. Despite that though, I love Die Another Day, yeah it gets incredibly stupid and some of the effects and acting are laughable but I had a hell of a fun time watching it and at the end of the day, isn't that what it's all about?

I'll have to try and find The World is Not Enough sometime, remember going to see that for a mate's birthday back then. Remember all the hype when it was revealed the millennium dome would be making an appearance in the opening sequence? Wow, how time flies.

Comment

I used to loathe James Bond films but my nostalgic tendencies got the better of me and I've started to enjoy watching the old ones with Sean Connery. There seems to be one on every weekend! The first Bond film I ever watched was A View to a Kill. Not viewed as one of the classics but I love Christopher Walken as a bad guy and Grace Jones as his side kick. Don't like Roger Moore though. Way too smarmy and I'm not keen on any of the modern Bonds either.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

Not fond of the modern ones myself mate.
                            have not seen any since goldeneye.

Roger may be smarmy for you tricky but his bond films are rather good.

The spy who loved me is superb as is moonraker,and for your eyes only,and man with the golden gun.

not just so fond of of live and let die reason being im not fonsd of the tarot card thing.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                            I used to loathe James Bond films but my nostalgic tendencies got the better of me and I've started to enjoy watching the old ones with Sean Connery. There seems to be one on every weekend! The first Bond film I ever watched was A View to a Kill. Not viewed as one of the classics but I love Christopher Walken as a bad guy and Grace Jones as his side kick. Don't like Roger Moore though. Way too smarmy and I'm not keen on any of the modern Bonds either.

Comment

One of my favorite Bond villains was General Orlov, Stephen Berkoff's rogue Soviet general who tries to start WWIII in "Octopussy."

Comment

Working...
                              X