Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Favourite James Bond Films

Default Re: Favourite James Bond Films

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Mmmmmm ... I was thinking the ‘cat’ reference was a fairly recent thing but yes they used it as far back as Mrs Slocombe
    I thought it was recent as well because of the way the kids used to use the word in the school playground and the fact that I had hardly ever heard it anywhere else, but it seemed to be a 1970s thing at least because of Are You Being Served?
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

A couple of things that I have associated with James Bond films were the films being seen on Bank Holidays and adverts for furniture stores in the ad breaks.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    A couple of things that I have associated with James Bond films were the films being seen on Bank Holidays and adverts for furniture stores in the ad breaks.
    I associate Bond with heart pumping action, great locations, sexy women...funny how people see things differently!
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    I associate Bond with heart pumping action, great locations, sexy women...funny how people see things differently!
    Just proves that I used to think that Bank Holidays were boring back in the 1980s.

I was going to do a pun on "shaken, not stirred" when you mentioned sexy women.

Deffo Bank Holiday James Bond movies! We used to have ice cream while watching them.

I still think of my favourite Bond as a kid (and adult) being Sean Connery, I must have seen his movies on Bank Holidays as a kid as the first Bond I remember seeing at the cinema was "The Spy Who Loved Me", which was a Roger Moore movie.

Bond movies were regularly shown as a double bill at the cinema during the 70s,

I don't recall Bond double-bills at my local cinema, but older Bonds were shown into the 70s. I definitely recall seeing From Russia with Love in either 1970 or 1971. I can also remember the excitement when Bonds were first shown on TV. Dr No was obviously the first to be shown and I think that was in 1975 or 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    I don't recall Bond double-bills at my local cinema, but older Bonds were shown into the 70s. I definitely recall seeing From Russia with Love in either 1970 or 1971. I can also remember the excitement when Bonds were first shown on TV. Dr No was obviously the first to be shown and I think that was in 1975 or 1976.
    Correct, they were shown in the order they were made starting with Dr no in 1975