Favourite Crisps Brand & Favourite Flavour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Crisps Brand & Favourite Flavour

What are your favourite crisps brand(s)?

What flavours do you like?

For me -

Walkers Ready Salted
    Seabrook Original
    Roysters T Bone Steak

What about you?

John

Re: Favourite Crisps Brand & Favourite Flavour

I have always been partial to cheese and onion, more so since I was a teenager and even more so when a girl was 'not quite herself' in the month, if you get me. :cry:

There is a local brand of crisps here in Ulster called Tayto (The NI ones are the original flavours) and when I was little, their c&o used to give me a headache and I couldn't eat them for years, but I am fine with them now.

I used to loooove Tudor Pickled Onion and Tudor Spring Onion, sadly now no longer available.

There used to be something called Meanies and Cheesies too, they may have been KP brand, and they were sooooooo nice, esp the Cheesies ones.
    - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
    - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

your a fellow ulsterman great stuff mate.

yes it has to be tayto for me.
      any flavor relly.
      my uncle works for them.

what tudor pickled onion and and spring no longer available cant believe that loved both of them.

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
      I have always been partial to cheese and onion, more so since I was a teenager and even more so when a girl was 'not quite herself' in the month, if you get me. :cry:

There is a local brand of crisps here in Ulster called Tayto (The NI ones are the original flavours) and when I was little, their c&o used to give me a headache and I couldn't eat them for years, but I am fine with them now.

I used to loooove Tudor Pickled Onion and Tudor Spring Onion, sadly now no longer available.

There used to be something called Meanies and Cheesies too, they may have been KP brand, and they were sooooooo nice, esp the Cheesies ones.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I am not a man, I am a woman! The line about a girl not being quite herself during the month should have given it away, no?

Tudor crisps have not been available for years! I last saw them when I was about 14 or so and I am now 33!

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Salt and vinegar are my favs. Prawn cocktail and Worcester sauce are also very nice. There used to be some crisps called Snaps that did a tomato flavour. They were great. Also, none of these flavours are available with any regularity in the USA. Obviously the Americans have no taste!

Comment

Golden Wonder - Ready Salted, but they've got a HP Sauce flavour out atm......that's very nice too!

Comment

my fav crisps are Ready Salted because they go with anything.................even go well with a bar of milk choclate

Comment

As I've got older, I don't eat the highly flavoured ones anymore, just ready salted is fine.
                Prefer Golden Wonder as Walkers are horrid.

Back in the day, I'd have gone for Smiths Crisps, especially Salt 'n Vinegar Horror Bags

Comment

I always went for the meaty flavours when I was younger. Bacon and beef were faves. Now I like ready salted and unsalted (I get the Smiths salt and shake but leave the salt off), salt and vinegar and if I fancy a bit of flavour, prawn cocktail. I'm not fussed about brands although Seabrooks make a mean crisp.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Id have to include those Golden Wonder crisps from the late 70s with flavours like Sausage and Tomato.

I remember some vile "crisps" more like puff type things but they were loaded with E numbers and flavourings, they came in banana and strawberry flavour too.

But my favourite crisps ever would be Salt and Vinegar squares.

Comment

Mmm, Squares.

I am just reminded of something called Stix (I think that's what they were called) and they came in a long thin packet and they were hard, crunchy long thin square shaped 'crisps' and the company who made them filled the bags really full so it always felt like you were getting more for your money. 15pee or somethign liek that, for a bag of them and it took ages to eat them. Great days. I remember they had a pale blue pack, which I think were salt and vinegar and they also did prawn cocktail. The salt and vinegar ones were very strong but the prawn cocktail ones were very sweet, a reason why I still like prawn cocktail to this day.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                        my fav crisps are Ready Salted because they go with anything.................even go well with a bar of milk choclate
                        Any flavour of crisps go well with choc! My personal fave is cheese and onion and a Ripple bar.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Discos (Salt & Vinegar/Cheese & Onion)
                          Monster Munch (Flamin' Hot)
                          Squares (Salt & Vinegar/Cheese & Onion)

My recent favourite are Tesco's finest range, my mate presented me with a bag of these and they were tremendous, please, next time you are in a Tesco branch give them a go. I had the salt & vinegar, fans of that particular flavour will be well impressed.

Anybody remember the Spaghetti Bolognese Monster Munch, dear lord they were rotten.

Comment

Tesco Finest Cheese and Onion are lovely. I think the crisps themselves, though, are very hard to bite into, they seem to be harder made, of you get me, than regular crisps.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I like McCoys ridge cut crisps - especially their cheese and onion flavour, or Walkers Cheese and Onion - but to get a 'proper' retro style portion you need to buy the 'grab bag' variety as they really scrimp on quantity nowadays what with the health police, obesity and the fact that people cannot eat these in moderation instead, every hour of the day it seems! And become fatties!!!! Thanks for that gluttonous ones...:cry:

I also like smokey bacon flavour and prawn cocktail, don't know if Walkers make those anymore...But I really find Cheese and Onion make a great accompaniment to any nice sandwich. I used to like lots of other brands like Monster Munch, Ringos, Nik Naks etc but they ruined them by making them smaller and having smaller portions. I recently bought a packet of Hula Hoops and the hoops are tiny - you cannot put them on your fingers like you used to - unless your a very small child...

Comment

Working...
                              X