Leyland Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leyland Titans

These were used mainly in the 70's, although quite a few were still in use in the 80's. Have a model of one, although it is matchbox and not very well designed. Any of you remember riding on one ?

John

Re: Leyland Titans

Yes, but mainly in the mid to late 80's. I think the Leyland Atlantean was the bus of choice in my area in the 70's and early 80's but I am no expert on buses. I'm only going on what I remember them looking like.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

This is a very good site for information about buses used in London, I has a lot on the Titans.

http://www.countrybus.org/Titan/Titan.html
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thanks for the link, Richard.

John

Comment

Driven and ridden on them many times. Not my fave bus. Easy to drive but having independant front suspension made them wallow and at times felt like it was gonna go over. I prefer the Metrobus myself.

Comment

I recall Titans well indeed - especially as a London Bus, as I found that Titans became very much a "staple" bus in London ... after the legendary RM's of course!

As a massive bus and transport fanatic though - I never took to/or could like the Leyland titan. in a way as much as they looked nice the design was very brutalistic I always found/thought - but then again there has been/and are far far worse makes of buses out there - which in turn made the Titan very modern for it's era which I guess is why I describe them as brutalistic I guess

80sChav
            Last edited by 80sChav; 23-05-2015, 22:06.

Comment

Working...
            X