Small piano?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small piano?

Isn't it strange how you can forget some of the toys you once had then suddenly remember them?

Ive just remembered that I once owned a small toy piano and I would love to find out the manufacturer etc. The piano was very small with keys only big enough for a child's finger. The keys were made of very thick cardboard a bit like what jigsaws are made of but much thicker. There were only white keys but the black ones were painted on top of the white ones to make it look like a proper piano.

It was shaped like a grand piano but with no legs and I think made of a wood effect Formica type material. There was a small strip of purple or dark blue felt at the back of the keys where they joined the piano. It made quite a plinky plonky sound when played - it wasn't electronic perhaps it did have some sort of strings inside. Size must have been roughly 7 by 7 inches. Ring any bells with anyone?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Small piano?

anything like this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-St...ht_1830wt_1037 Theres a short video clip so you can hear it too
    Heather

Comment

Similar but mine wasn't quite as refined! I obviously had a cheap, plasticky UK copy! Those vintage ones are going for quite a price!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

it was the first one i came across. I shall keep my eye out for a plastic UK one
        Heather

Comment

I had something a bit like this when I was young. My Dad used to get some toy vouchers with his Xmas bonus & this was bought with it.

The top was a songbook with a few nursery rhyme style songs in it.

I didn't have it long before I leant on it too hard & made a big dent on the top side, which didn't help the acoustics much.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had a plastic one, the smaller keys were all colours - red, green, yellow, blue etc and the larger ones white like normal. The underside was white, with slot on white feet and the top of the piano was yellow plastic. Broke a few of the keys through rough play as a brat, ended up in the bin after a few years...

Comment

Working...
            X