Murder she wrote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder she wrote

murder she wrote stars angela landsbury who was born in poplar october 16th 1925 in london england.

Murder she wrote ran for 12 seasons.
    there where 2 hundred and sixty four eopisodes.

the first episode was on september 4th 1984.
    ther last episode was on may 19th 1996.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Storyline

Former high school English teacher and famed mystery writer Jessica Fletcher has a gift for solving mysteries.

You see, it seems murder follows her around, whether it be to the houses of her seemingly endless number of friends, nieces, and nephews or right in her hometown of Cabot Cove, Maine. Jessica is sometimes assisted by her friend Dr. Seth Hazlitt or the local sheriff, Amos Tupper (later Sheriff Metzger.
    =-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, later in the series, Jessica would only narrate the episode, which would be a dramatization of one of her novels. In later seasons, Jessica moved to New York City to be closer to her publisher and also closer to crime.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well known actors,actresses that appear are.

dirk benedict starbuck in battlestar galactica/face in the a team.

stacey nelkin who was in halloween 3 season of the witch.
    brenda vaccaro who was in supergirl 1984.

g.w bailey captain harris the police academy films.

andrew prine who was in V.
    he was one of the officers for the visitors.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Murder she wrote

Angela Landsbury is proof that immortality is possible.

Comment

George Clooney appeared in an episode, & there are a few other pre-fame appearances.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I loved Murder She Wrote.
        I watched it back in the 80s, and then I watched them again when they were repeated a couple of years ago. I can't be sure that I've seen every episode though.

The only ones I didn't like, was when Jessica would begin and episode by looking into the camera (as if talking to the viewer) and introduce a mystery about a friend of hers. Jessica wouldn't be in the story and would only show up again at the end of the episode.

Comment

i agree with you there about the ones you dont like.
          dont like them either.
          ive a feeling the show was near its end when they did them from the last time i saw the show on telly.

Originally posted by DaysWentRollingBy View Post
          I loved Murder She Wrote.
          I watched it back in the 80s, and then I watched them again when they were repeated a couple of years ago. I can't be sure that I've seen every episode though.

The only ones I didn't like, was when Jessica would begin and episode by looking into the camera (as if talking to the viewer) and introduce a mystery about a friend of hers. Jessica wouldn't be in the story and would only show up again at the end of the episode.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Mind blowing time; Murder, She Wrote exists in the same universe as both Magnum PI and Quantum Leap.

Where is my episode involving Sam Beckett leaping into Jessica Fletcher's body, damnit!
            sigpic

Comment

Is that linked to the Tommy Westphall Universe?

Comment

I always found it unbelievable that a writer with no connection to the police would just happen to stumble across murders all the time, wherever she happened to be. Seems suspicious to me. I suspect that J.B Fletcher is in fact the most successful and devious serial killer of all time!

And those two jobbing gardeners in Rosemary & Thyme obviously took her correspondence course. Murderous scum!

Comment

For obvious reasons "Murder, She Wrote" (as well as "Matlock") was particularly big among the pensioner demographic. I should know, it was one of my mother's favorite shows.

Comment

I hated the show. I'd get in from school and miss 30 minutes of cartoons because this would be on and my mum didn't was to sacrifice the tv to me. If it wasn't this it was Diagnosis Murder or Columbo. I actually like those now, I still can't stand Murder She Wrote.

It did have lovely intro music. I guess that's something.

Comment

Working...
                    X