Yoghurt Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yoghurt Brands

you know i could just eat a yogurt......right now............none in fridge :cry: .........typical

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Ski yoghurt used to be really nice. I used to buy the big sharing pots and down them on my break at work. Bought some recently and wonder what had happened to them, they are pretty terrible now. The Yoplait ones are probably my favourites now. I love that they have grains in. Really filling.

As a kid we used to go around to a family friend that used to give me Danone pots. I ate them just out of politeness, but they were really bland.

A lot of the homebrand ones from super markets are good now. Remind me of the old Ski types. I don't know what it's like outside of Yorkshire, but the Morrisons around here do rhubarb ones. They are awesome. I could sit and eat them until I was sick.
      Yes I rate morrisons, particularly the Longley Farm yogurts they have. They're nice and thick with lots of bits in and have quite a sharp taste that I love. Nice flavours too...hazlenut, rhubarb, mandarin
      1976 Vintage

Comment

The only yoghurt I could remember as a kid was the hazlenut or strawberry ones or blackcurrent.Perhaps it was the bitter type taste of the hazlenut ones that put me off eating the things.Never had much liking for blackcurrents either.Last time I ate a yoghurt was probably before I rebelled as a teenager.
        Reading this thread perhaps I should give them a go again,there seems to be many more flavours out there then I remember seeing as a kid.

Comment

well the hazlenut yoplait is not bitter.

so as we get older we start liking things we did no previously like.

not all brands of the same flavour taste the same.

ive tried different brands of the same flavour yoghurt and there can be quite a difference mate.

give them a try ill bet you will like them.

you must be talking 30 yrs back since you tried a yoghurt and there are so many different flavours,brands.

just noticed why your called battyrat says in your profile you collect rats.
          been wondering this since you joined.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
          The only yoghurt I could remember as a kid was the hazlenut or strawberry ones or blackcurrent.Perhaps it was the bitter type taste of the hazlenut ones that put me off eating the things.Never had much liking for blackcurrents either.Last time I ate a yoghurt was probably before I rebelled as a teenager.
          Reading this thread perhaps I should give them a go again,there seems to be many more flavours out there then I remember seeing as a kid.
          Last edited by darren; 20-09-2012, 14:32.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Does anyone else remember Dessert Farm yoghurts and desserts from the 70's?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhrcx0Ak9-4

Anyone know when they stopped making them (or if you can still get them)?.

Comment

The first time I ever encountered yoghurt of any kind was in the 1970s when mum bought some "Ski" fruit yoghurts for us to try. They came in blue and white pots, shaped like mini milk churns (wider at the bottom and narrow at the top). They were an instant hit with us and we all quickly established our favourites flavours. Mine was tangerine and my dad always, always had to have black cherry. Yum!

Edit: Having now read the other posts, I now see that Ski has been mentioned many times already. That'll teach me to post before I read! DOH!
              Last edited by airfix; 12-10-2012, 06:32.

Comment

Originally posted by airfix View Post
                The first time I ever encountered yoghurt of any kind was in the 1970s when mum bought some "Ski" fruit yoghurts for us to try. They came in blue and white pots, shaped like mini milk churns (wider at the bottom and narrow at the top).

Ski Gold... They were still around in the 80's. I remember my Mum having one (She LOVED them!) and when she stuck her spoon in, the bottom fell out of the pot and spread the contents all over the kitchen floor!

Comment

Sainsbury's had the Mr Men yoghurt range - flavours corresponded to the colour of the characters.

Mr Forgetful was the blueberry flavour, and I think that Mr Greedy was strawberry?
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    Sainsbury's had the Mr Men yoghurt range - flavours corresponded to the colour of the characters.

Mr Forgetful was the blueberry flavour, and I think that Mr Greedy was strawberry?
                    I remember my Mum getting these, Mr Happy was banana, Mr Uppity was chocolate & Mr Lazy was toffee IIRC.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I am certain that they used Mr Daydream on the yoghurt pots, but I can't remember what flavour he represented.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember the banana flavour being sickly - so much artificial colourings and E numbers in there, methinks.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by InGen View Post
                          Ski Gold... They were still around in the 80's. I remember my Mum having one (She LOVED them!) and when she stuck her spoon in, the bottom fell out of the pot and spread the contents all over the kitchen floor!
                          Reminded me of Ski Thick and Creamy that was out in the mid 1980s - Tesco sold them I think. I wonder whether they were the same thing?
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yogurts seemed to get more creative in the second half of the 1980s, with fancy flavours, textures, branding etc.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by airfix View Post
                              The first time I ever encountered yoghurt of any kind was in the 1970s when mum bought some "Ski" fruit yoghurts for us to try. They came in blue and white pots, shaped like mini milk churns (wider at the bottom and narrow at the top). They were an instant hit with us and we all quickly established our favourites flavours. Mine was tangerine and my dad always, always had to have black cherry. Yum!

Edit: Having now read the other posts, I now see that Ski has been mentioned many times already. That'll teach me to post before I read! DOH!
                              i remember the milk churn shape of the pots. Back then yogurt really was a treat, and Ski in particular was the holy grail.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Those Roberts yoghurts; aren't they the family size ones?
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X