Yoghurt Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoghurt Brands

The recent mention of Mr Men yoghurts reminded me of some other brands around in the mid to late 1980s.

My cousins often used to have Robot yoghurts, I've got the feeling they were a supermarket range.

Asda (I think) used to have a range of yoghurts with slightly odd cartoons on the lids, I remember there was a Cheeky Chocolate & Banana Slip, & I guess some others.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Re: Yoghurt Brands

Yogurt always makes me remember Friday Evening was shopping night in our house.
    Mum and Dad would go off to do the shop and we'd always have a Ski or Prize Yogurt and a chocolate bar as a treat. We use to dip the Chocolate into the yogurt LOL
    Heather

Comment

Rainbow raspberry flavour, St Ivel Prize and Chambourcy Chocolate mousse were staples in our household.

Comment

My Mum used to get Shape low fat yoghurts, which was a Ski or St Ivel brand.

Wasn't there a scare in the 1980s about hazelnut yoghurts having salmonella?

Comment

St ivel Prize was our usual brand, and Ski once in a while. I considered the latter to be special treat yogurts.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

St Michael Custard Style Yogurt were my favourites. Really thick and creamy. Regular yogurts for us mainly came from M&S (St Michael) or sometimes we had Ski or Prize. I remember having a Muller Corner when they first came out in the mid 80's and loving them. They were mixed fruit flavour.
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Just had a thought, I used to love Hazelnut Yogurt! Something that you don't see often now at all. Also Fruits Of The Forest flavour seems to have fallen from favour now.
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                Just had a thought, I used to love Hazelnut Yogurt! Something that you don't see often now at all. Also Fruits Of The Forest flavour seems to have fallen from favour now.
                I used to love Hazelnut yoghurt as well but only one certain make, I can't remember which. Certain brands used to taste like sick to me. I have seen Hazelnut yoghurts in ASDA but I'm not sure who's brand it is, I'll check next time i'm in there.

Comment

I saw some Hazelnut ones in Aldi recently.

Comment

I only tried Hazelnut yogurt once as a child and never since, tasted strangely bitterly sweet! Yuk!
                    Heather

Comment

i just cant remember the brand but i love hazlenut yoghurts i eat them regular.
                      i even put them on cereals.

and they dont taste bitterly sweet.

now i do know the hazlenut one is not a supermarkets own brand one.

come on heather give hazlenut another try.
                      now regarding fruits of the forest we can get them over here.

they are mullerlight ones.MMMM.

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                      I only tried Hazelnut yogurt once as a child and never since, tasted strangely bitterly sweet! Yuk!
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I can still remember the days when yoghurt was exciting.
                        I used to love the ads with the Prize Guys and the Munch Bunch.
                        Most yoghurts taste horrible these days due to the nasty sweeteners that they put in them, there are still a few brands out there without that stuff in though, read the labels.
                        I used to absolutely love Peach Melba yoghurt from the milkman, no idea who made it though.
                        Also I remember when Yoplait first brought out Fromage Frais, I thought it was the best thing i'd ever tasted, at the time anyway.

Comment

im near certain that yoplait did peach melba mate.
                          cant remember it was the company that did it when you got it from the milkman.

fromage frais are just superb.
                          many a time i ate six in a minute.
                          they just felt so silky asmooth.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                          I can still remember the days when yoghurt was exciting.
                          I used to love the ads with the Prize Guys and the Munch Bunch.
                          Most yoghurts taste horrible these days due to the nasty sweeteners that they put in them, there are still a few brands out there without that stuff in though, read the labels.
                          I used to absolutely love Peach Melba yoghurt from the milkman, no idea who made it though.

Also I remember when Yoplait first brought out Fromage Frais, I thought it was the best thing i'd ever tasted, at the time anyway.

Comment

Ski yoghurt used to be really nice. I used to buy the big sharing pots and down them on my break at work. Bought some recently and wonder what had happened to them, they are pretty terrible now. The Yoplait ones are probably my favourites now. I love that they have grains in. Really filling.

As a kid we used to go around to a family friend that used to give me Danone pots. I ate them just out of politeness, but they were really bland.

A lot of the homebrand ones from super markets are good now. Remind me of the old Ski types. I don't know what it's like outside of Yorkshire, but the Morrisons around here do rhubarb ones. They are awesome. I could sit and eat them until I was sick.

Comment

yes yoplait does lovely rhubarb yogurts.

did not realise ski yogurts where still around the reason they are worse ill bet is because the ingredients have been changed.
                              yoplait hazlenut is so silky smooth and it has we bits of hazlenuts in with it.YYYUUUMMM!!
                              Could eat them till i became a huge hazlenut yogurt.

also just love fruit corners and crumbler corners.
                              all muller yogurts are great.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              Ski yoghurt used to be really nice. I used to buy the big sharing pots and down them on my break at work. Bought some recently and wonder what had happened to them, they are pretty terrible now. The Yoplait ones are probably my favourites now. I love that they have grains in. Really filling.

As a kid we used to go around to a family friend that used to give me Danone pots. I ate them just out of politeness, but they were really bland.

A lot of the homebrand ones from super markets are good now. Remind me of the old Ski types. I don't know what it's like outside of Yorkshire, but the Morrisons around here do rhubarb ones. They are awesome. I could sit and eat them until I was sick.
                              Last edited by darren; 19-09-2012, 18:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X