Roger on The Children's Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger on The Children's Channel

Ever since I got on the internet in the mid 90s, I have found proof and evidence of every single television show I ever saw in my childhood.

All except one.

Roger was a very short cartoon on The Children's Channel circa 90-91. It was about this punk teenager called, funnily enough, Roger. He used to pick on this nerdy kid and do general Beano-style mischief. The only thing close I have found is several of the 'Link Anchorman" bit which came much later. Due to not that many people having The Children's Channel at the turn of the 90s, any recordings of this show are likely to be rarer than unicorn poop. Sadly.

Does anyone else recall this mini-show?

Re: Roger on The Children's Channel

I am having the same difficulty tracing a cartoon called 'Rootie the Pixie' which was also aired on TCC in 1991. Other than old TV guides which confirm the title and the air dates, I can find no trace of it anywhere.

I suspect that like Rootie, Roger was either a European Import which was dubbed into English by TCC themselves or an independent cartoon commissioned specifically by TCC. Very disappointing that no record of these cartoons have survived at all.
    Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

Re: Roger on The Children's Channel

Originally posted by Chicken Boo View Post
      Ever since I got on the internet in the mid 90s, I have found proof and evidence of every single television show I ever saw in my childhood.

All except one.

Roger was a very short cartoon on The Children's Channel circa 90-91. It was about this punk teenager called, funnily enough, Roger. He used to pick on this nerdy kid and do general Beano-style mischief. The only thing close I have found is several of the 'Link Anchorman" bit which came much later. Due to not that many people having The Children's Channel at the turn of the 90s, any recordings of this show are likely to be rarer than unicorn poop. Sadly.

Does anyone else recall this mini-show?
      I believe the cartoon you are referring to was a French production called Manu. There are videos on Youtube. It took me YEARS to find it but one day I just stumbled upon it whilst looking for something else. Hope this puts your mind at ease. I will leave the link below. I'm not sure what it was called on TCC but it was in English and it's possible you could be confusing this character with Roger from the Nick toon, Doug, who also had a Mohawk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSQlfRbq7QQ

Comment

Working...
      X