PLAY SCHOOL - Through the window films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLAY SCHOOL - Through the window films

Everybody knows about "going through the round window" on Play School, but does anyone remember the actual films that were shown once you had "gone through the window"?

I watched Play School during the 1970-1975 Johnny Ball, Carol Chell, Rick Jones era.

The two films I recall were:

1.some kids playing in a park and their football being kicked right into the middle of a large pond.
    2. a "theme park" of some kind, somewhere in Eastern Europe? that was full of windmills, statues etc made out of metal.

Anybody remember these films? and any others that I might have forgotten?

Re: PLAY SCHOOL - Through the window films

I remember Play School, and as a six year old found it quite patronising. The way the presenters treated you as if you were a child and talked in that condescending tone used to get right up my nose.

Comment

cant say i found it patronising condescending etc.

how long did they do these films for looking through rthe round window.
      my mind has just went blank.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i could never guess what window it was going to be always got it wrong
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I always wanted it to be the arched window. Can't remember the films. Always boring compared to the excitement of the going through the window bit.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Like everybody else I cannot remember any of the films.I do remember trying to guess the window.The only other thing I remember about the show was the toys they used and thinking the dolls were pretty ugly.My younger brother and later sister watched it mostly.I tended to catch it occationally during time off from school.

Comment

I remember a film about a sweet/ chocolate factory!

Comment

Yes I am told I LOVED playschool so why do I have no memory of its content beyond the windows, the toys, the presenters and the theme tune? And that ball bearing clock they had later on.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

i suppose as time goes on mate we forget things tricky.

certain things as kids we remember certain things we do not.

but yess i remember watching playskool very clearly.

was there an order im which window came up or was it just random.

ver a feeling they went in order of which one it stopped at.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  Yes I am told I LOVED playschool so why do I have no memory of its content beyond the windows, the toys, the presenters and the theme tune? And that ball bearing clock they had later on.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I can quite clearly remember one showing fruit being canned in a factory.
                    That's the only one though.
                    Our collective memories must be terrible.
                    Surely someone else can remember one.

Comment

There was one about Horses, and the Narrator was speaking as the horse,telling us all about his day.
                      Heather

Comment

I used to get quite excited (well I was only 3 or 4) and stand shouting at the telly which one they were going to pick,

The Round
                        The Square
                        or
                        The Arched window

I remember the one that impressed me greatly, was a kinetic sculpture in Basel by a sculptor called Jean Tinguely (it's on you tube called Heureka or Eureka) It consisted of electric motors that when powered up at certain times of the day, wheels would whirr round and terrific clanging noises would eminate from this most weird piece of sculpture!

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgia View Post
                          I remember Play School, and as a six year old found it quite patronising. The way the presenters treated you as if you were a child and talked in that condescending tone used to get right up my nose.
                          The presenters maybe treated people as a child because it was a childrens show. They must have been doing a good job!
                          I personally loved it when I was a kid in the 70's. Got bored of it I think by the time I was about 6 years old. The through the window films were much more 'educational' than the rest of the show from what I remember. I do remember one about moving house.
                          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

This reminds me, I've got my niece coming round tomorrow.

But due to the recent state of allegations ('discovered' by the newspapers) it wouldn't surprise me if any male presenters still living are also claimed (by the newspapers) to have been involved.
                            WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I remember those films. Also the patronising narration as well! "Let's look through the........................round window". "We're at the bakery". "Where's the baker?" "Ooh look- there he is!" "He's trapped in the oven". Or something along those lines anyway. Didn't Playschool used to have some big mechanical clock that had steel balls rolling along a metal track over the end credits?

Comment

Working...
                              X