Vague memory of a savoury snack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vague memory of a savoury snack.

A couple of weeks ago I had a supermarket pasty and the contents were very unlike a real one (Living down here in the West country I know the difference). Anyway the mushed up contents suddenly reminded me of a savoury snack I once had also from a supermarket a long time ago. All I can remember was that it wasn't pasty shaped it was round, I wouldn't say spherical like a scotch egg nor would I say pork pie shape. What I do remember was that it was pastry with a meaty filling and I would go as far to say NOT a supermarket own brand thing, I want to say perhaps a Bowyers type thing. If I remember rightly it had quite a distinctive taste.

Ringing any bells with anybody?
    sigpic

Re: Vague memory of a savoury snack.

Just a guess, Scotch Pie?
    Heather

Comment

Hi Heather
      No not a scotch pie, in fact not anything as broad as a scotch pie, a pork pie etc.
      This was a branded snack i.e something which a company had made up and were marketing. I also think it had a brand name.
      Sorry
      sigpic

Comment

Did they also do a version that had Italian/pizza flavouring. Smaller than a pasty, roundish/oval in shape. Perhaps made by Walls or Bowyers? I remember a snack like this from the early 1990s

Comment

Poor ole Bowyers. There for over 100 years and now gone. Well known for their pork pies and sausages. The old factory site is a real mess now. I used to work there as did several members of my family. I don't remember them stepping much outside of the more traditional pies etc.

Comment

Working...
          X