Going to school on your Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going to school on your Birthday

I remember my Brother was egged on the way home from school when it was his birthday.

He had to have a cold shower when he got home or it would have turned into scrambled eggs in his hair.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Kids could be pretty cruel if ur birthday was on a school day.
      Ur brothers experience sure proves it richard.

The bumps could be pretty bad too from memory.

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
      i remember my brother was egged on the way home from school when it was his birthday.

He had to have a cold shower when he got home or it would have turned into scrambled eggs in his hair.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        I remember my Brother was egged on the way home from school when it was his birthday.

Not nice experience

Comment

I was very lucky, my birthday is in August . In infants school, the birthday boy was called out to the front of the hall, and everybody sang Happy Birthday. Can't remember anything in junior school. In comprehensive school, you kept your birthday secret. You may get egged! This practice ceased after several boys got caned, several strokes each, if I remember rightly.
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Luckily I never got the "Bumps@ or similar or being "egged@

It sounds terrible what happened to your brother, Richard - I have never heard of this happening in your hair with eggs par the last day etc, say eg in Year 11

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              Luckily I never got the "Bumps@ or similar or being "egged@

It sounds terrible what happened to your brother, Richard - I have never heard of this happening in your hair with eggs par the last day etc, say eg in Year 11

80sChav
              There was 1 or 2 people at the school we went to who thought it was a good thing to do. Egging & flouring (sometimes both together) happened to a few people.

The worst that happened to me was someone stuck a banana skin in my bag after the word got around I didn't like bananas.

Comment

My birthday falls on May 30th so I missed going to school on my Birthday as it falls during half-term. I always felt lucky that I did not have to bring a bag of fun-sized mars bars into school - at first school I thought that it was bought by the birthday boy/girl themselves out of their own pocket money.

Comment

As above my birthday is the back end of may so I think I had one birthday in school. What I do remember though is that in infants, early 70's, you'd go out to the front in assembly and show everyone your birthday presents. Only found out a couple of years back that it was stopped after some kid turned up with something like a second hand book and a tube of smarties.

Comment

My birthday was always in Half-Term so I did not go to school on that date until Uni
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      My birthday was always in Half-Term so I did not go to school on that date until Uni

It was similar for me with College too zabadak! I was lucky as so by then (though I didn't go to University, that by then all the "Birthday Bumps" etc had gone finished by that age)

80sChav

Comment

I hated my birthday at school egged flour bumps
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Never had the bumps!
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                            Never had the bumps!
                            Same here I can't remember anyone having that done to them at any of the schools I went to.

Comment

I never had that problem on the 31 December :S
                              DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Same here I can't remember anyone having that done to them at any of the schools I went to.
                                Me neither Richard! Though even though my birthday fell often in the Easter Holidays this really helped ... but you'd just not tell anyone, par your closest/most trusted friends either before the Holidays or not) not that it really happened at any of my Schools though! The kids at them probably had no interest in such activities and just wanted to find out what you had got as your presents (or if given the chance flush your head down the toilet), but luckily that never happened neither.

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X