Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Going to school on your Birthday

Default Re: Going to school on your Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Same here I can't remember anyone having that done to them at any of the schools I went to.
    Agreed here Richard - this was very extremley similar for me, as too, too what applied to First Years/Year 7s having their head flushed down the toilet too

80sChav

I just cannot imagine my birthday being an "ordinary day" as a child. If it had been on a Wednesday for example, having to get up, get into school uniform, go to school, do the same lessons as on any other Wednesday for example, etc. It would be like not having a birthday if you know what I mean. You would probably feel "this my own special day - how can I make it special or unique?" knowing that you can't do that without breaking school rules!

The tradition of the "Birthday Bumps" and the flashed down the toilet as mentioned above, is a darn good reason for not wanting to go to school on that day, and the fact that the class registers had our dates of births inside them, (and almost anyone could find it if they could), would be a disaster if anyone found out.

I suppose that as my birthday is in August, I have never given it a proper thought.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I just cannot imagine my birthday being an "ordinary day" as a child. If it had been on a Wednesday for example, having to get up, get into school uniform, go to school, do the same lessons as on any other Wednesday for example, etc. It would be like not having a birthday if you know what I mean. You would probably feel "this my own special day - how can I make it special or unique?" knowing that you can't do that without breaking school rules!

The tradition of the "Birthday Bumps" and the flashed down the toilet as mentioned above, is a darn good reason for not wanting to go to school on that day, and the fact that the class registers had our dates of births inside them, (and almost anyone could find it if they could), would be a disaster if anyone found out.

I suppose that as my birthday is in August, I have never given it a proper thought.
    My Birthday is Easter-time George so I guessI got lucky with Easter in that respect and never had the Birthday Bumps

Though in another way my Primary was an awesome friendly School - where 6 to 8 of us was top big mates until First/2nd Year in Secondary and it all changed and the group disolved - but in all honesty I bet that out of 5 Secondary Birthdays - such a crowd willing to give me the "Bumps" may-be had 2 opportunities from 5 if that (factoring Easter/Inset Days etc) or days by chgance I'd got the Dentist/Doctor and the bad guys was off the scene!

It would never of been like Ziggy with Robbie ion Grange Hill in 86 (S90 though) as as much as i adored them two and dreamed of having mates "like that" we know Ziggy through at least Gonch, Hollo and Trev wanted to give Robbie the "Bumps", but as I say - though my Primary was the best ever and I wish Secondary (at the first one was like that) and it was'nt my "frends" a t Primary as such would'nt go that far as it was a Homely Little Place with possibly 1 Bad Apple from Years 1 to 6(if any, or if any dared embark on such an idea)
    Also though on reflection and in hindsight we an Headmaster of "Joan Ferguson with slight Me Morris traits"" in him and no way would he of tolerated any such a behaviour as would not the vast majority of each Class' Teacher's (which amounted to 6 I think) and he just made that Primary - that we all shared as best we could and was kind best we knew how and made it "home from home", regardless of bad Birthday beahviour" towards other Kids!!

Re my first Secondary - yeah it was bad and "Bully Central" but bad as in bad but not them lengths .... though then again, have I time for a full book on that place and other highly dubious activities (of un-school/sportmanship (if you wanna term it that) lol!!

80sChav

My birthday is on January 4th. I'm either at school or still on winter break depending on the school year.