X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: famous people we may have met

Originally posted by Daz View Post
    As I've just seen Nick Berry in the BP Garage
    I bet Heather's got some Nick Berry records tucked away alongside the Rick Astley ones.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about...... walks away humming "every Loser wins".....
      Heather

Comment

Met Richard E Grant in a supermarket near Covent Garden in March - don't ask me what was in his basket ( he didn't look into mine anyway...).

Comment

Met Robert Plant & Jimmy Page at various points in their careers. thats about my high point
          Last edited by sixtyten; 28-06-2007, 23:38.

Comment

Ive met john pertwee once when i was working in smiths in Cardiff, He asked me where the pencil sharpeners were, i was bending down at the time and he made me jump, he sounded just like worzel gummige and hes really tall, normally i should have taken the customers to the right aisle, but i just sort of pointed and muttered over there. See colin jackson all the time shopping in tescos, or marks & spencers, seen him in asda too, also seen that woman from driving school in asda, cant remember her name thou, im sure someone will tell me. And we met rick waller in benidorm, walking down the street towards us, well you could hardly miss him, he is huge in real life ,we had a photo taken with him , he can really sing thou, as we seen him perform , the following night.

Comment

Met a few comedians when I was in Blackpool. You know end of the pier guys.

Little and Large (before they fell out) were very friendly. Sid asked me if Eddie would fit in the ride I was working on .

Ken Dodd - Very nice guy.

Les Dawson - Quiet but pleasant.

Cannon & Ball - Friendly.
              Last edited by sixtyten; 17-10-2007, 22:00.
              Laugh and the world laughs with you.
              But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morcar View Post
                Met a few comdians when I was in Blackpool. You know end of the peir guys.

Little and Large (before they fell out) were very freindly Sid asked me if Eddie would fit in the ride I was working on .

Ken Dodd - Very nice guy.

Les Dawson - Quiet but pleasant.

Cannon & Ball - Friendly.
                Huh? Cannon was the most miserable b**t*rd I've ever met - I was 10 and was waiting for an autograph and all he did was shout "GET OFF THE CAR!!!" I was lightly touching it. He deserves his many years in the wilderness
                Last edited by Heather74; 01-03-2008, 14:24. Reason: ***

Comment

can't see their brand of purile humour making a comeback
                  (but stranger things have happened)

Comment

Originally posted by SG1973 View Post
                    I'm so cool - check out the A list celebrities I've met over the years:

Timmy Mallett - he gave me a half eaten pork pie at a swimming gala he was judging!
                    John Craven - from Newsround fame.
                    Julie Goodyear - saw her on my first day at work when I was 15.
                    Bobby Ball - He came in my shop last year to ask directions to a studio.
                    Clint Boon - from Inspiral Carpets. Got his autograph and he even drew the Inspirals cow as well !!!
                    Mark Lamaar - wasn't too impressed when I called him a fifties throwback a la Shooting Stars - he swore at me!!!

Now, with showbiz connections like these I'm bound to be the next big thing... not
                    I'm not suprised 1 bit and your lucky he only swore at you, shame some people are so small minded
                    Last edited by sixtyten; 18-10-2007, 13:41.
                    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                    Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Met Showaddywaddy a number of times in the 70s. My sister was the fan (honest)

Comment

In July 1972 Muhammad Ali fought Al 'Blue' Lewis in Dublin.
                        My Mum pushed me in my buggy to meet the champ.
                        I was a few months old but I had long blond hair...well Muhammad Ali tickles me under the chin and says to my Mum
                        "what a cute little girl" my Mums says it's a boy and Muhammad Ali says "well he's still pretty"

Well that was my 15 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2k6e-5Mio
                        youtube video Ali interviewed in Ireland
                        I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

Nobby Stiles was in Waterford, Ireland, as a guest speaker lately. Went into the hotel lobby to shake hands & got his signature. Nicer guy off the field than he was on it 40yrs. ago !

Comment

I've met a few over the years .....

GENE VINCENT at the Malvern Winter Gardens in 1961 (yes a little too early for the youngsters on this forum) ... here's his autograph ....

CHARLIE WATTS at a bookfair in Harborne, Birmingham .... his autograph

DENNIS THATCHER ... sat next to me at board meetings of Zodiac Toys ... he was a director of parent company.

More recently SIR PATRICK MOORE ... stayed at his house in Selsey in 2005 and last year went to his 50th anniversary bash of Sky at Night.
                            And a merry time was had by all ... as you can see from the glasses and bottles ... I'm right front, with Patrick and one of his carers on the left (he's not very mobile now) and 3 of my council colleagues from the Society for the History of Astronomy. This was taken in his study as those who have ever watched Sky at Night will know. The place is crammed with books and memorabilia.
                            Last edited by ziksby; 25-02-2008, 15:45.
                            Everything passes and vanishes, everything leaves its trace,
                            Often you see in a footstep, what you could not see in a face.

Comment

"Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Wow you have gene Vincents Autograph, i'm only 36 but know gene vincent love his music too
                                Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                                Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Working...
                                X