famous people we may have met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• famous people we may have met

i have been quite lucky but i have met the guy who used to be the air raid warden ( bill pertwee) ,in dads army, i have met the late Arthur English , i have met Tony hart AND been in the gallery , met morph and his side kick , sat in and spoken to KITT car , and seen the a team van .

Wow you've been in the gallery?????????? Cool!

I have met Mike McShane, Michael Palin, Nicholas Lyndhurst and once saw Edward Fox at a cashpoint.

Comment

yes i cant go into details for legal reasons but i was at tony harts house and believe it or not the gallery is in his back garden ( this was done for logistical reasons apparently ) the man is a genius

Comment

Originally posted by steve edwards
        i have been quite lucky but i have met the guy who used to be the air raid warden ( bill pertwee) ,in dads army, i have met the late Arthur English , i have met Tony hart AND been in the gallery , met morph and his side kick , sat in and spoken to KITT car , and seen the a team van .
        OMG you met Morph?!!!! You sat In KITT!!!!!!! Wowwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I`ve met Duncan Norvelle and Gary Barlow who are both lovely guys. I met Human League too, and Fil Eisler Robbie Williams guitarist in 1998.

Comment

yes morph is about six inches high and was up on a shelf , tony hart lovely man , sat in kitt at universal studios one year and dad managed to run out of video tape just as he said hi steve i was 18 at the time and a bit embarrased really

Comment

I live just near Bernard Manning and see him regularly

The bloke is a true gent.

Buzz

Comment

Whoops,

Think the above post by me has killed the thread !!

Buzz

Comment

Not so buzz, often the apparently rude celebrities are the nicest offstage - and the reverse is true too...
                  Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Met Jon Pertwee in 1973 (still have autographed 1973 Dr Who annual).

Met Lucy Pargeter in (Chaz Dingle Emmerdale) August 3rd this year and had pics taken with her and her husband Rudi. i saw them a month later to get the pics signed.
                    sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

ive met The Damned
                      The Damned

Comment

I too have been lucky with meeting some celebrities. I was introduced to Steve Davis and nearly managed to get a frame of 9-ball pool against him. I've met Jimmy White twice, once at a Matchroom pool event (same one where I met Steve Davis) and the other time in Riley's Snooker Hall In Clapham Junction (if it's still there - I doubt it). Both Steve and Jimmy were very friendly and down to earth - you don't always get that when you see or meet famous people.

When I was 7 or 8 years old, the older sister of one of my friends took me and my friend to Carshalton (I think, though might have been Mitcham) to visit Crystal Palace's training ground. This was back in 1976, and the manager was a chap called Terry Venables. I was the only person to get his autograph that day(!!) just because I was right at the back of the crowd trying to get his autograph and thus was the last obstacle to him getting in the pavilion/changing rooms. He pushed through the crowd of autograph hunters, and they parted like the Red Sea, leaving this solitary 8-year old (me) looking up at him very nervously!! He grabbed my book and pen out of my hand, signed his name, returned them and disappeared into the pavilion. Whilst there, I also got the autographs of most of the team, including a few that some of you (of a certain vintage) may remember - Kenny Sansom, Vince Hilaire, John Burridge. For some reason I even got the autograph of a sports reporter who was there, a guy called John Helm who worked for Radio 2. No idea where he is these days.

I have seen a few other celebs up close (without meeting them). Edward Fox, Barry Foster (Van der Valk), Keith Chegwin, Maggie Philbin, Anita Harris, some of the Wombles (Great Uncle Bulgaria, Tobermory, Orinoco), Patrick Mower, Roy Hudd, the designer John Richmond. I saw Leslie Ash's wedding photos - she married Lee Chapman and their best man was Adrian Heath. The reason I was able to see them was that Leslie Ash's parents used to run a decorating store across the road from where I worked and they knew some of the people I worked with, and left the photos for them to view.

I also had an 'encounter' with Paul McCartney (there was a traffic jam in Wardour Street and I was trying to cross the road through the traffic, I went alongside a car that had darkened windows, suddenly the front passenger window opened and Paul McCartney's head popped out, narrowly missing headbutting me in the stomach!!).

I saw Sir David Steel campaigning up in Scotland (when he was still just David Steel - back in 1985/6). A few years later I saw that he was doing a book signing in a store near where I worked. I bought his book ('Against Goliath'), queued up to get it signed and told him the story. He very kindly inscribed the book with the name of the place that I saw him: 'With memories of Monreith House'. What a nice man!
                        Last edited by armchair_scouse; 06-12-2006, 05:09.
                        Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Go Armchair, seems you've mingled with a few stars.

Comment

Duncan Norvelle

Originally posted by foxyminx
                            I`ve met Duncan Norvelle and Gary Barlow who are both lovely guys. I met Human League too, and Fil Eisler Robbie Williams guitarist in 1998.
                            I am going to meet Duncan Norvelle at the Parkside Hotel in Pontefract on Friday 26 January 2007 Tel: 01977 709911

Comment

Sad i think, but we all have our heroes.......if heroes is the right word for Duncan.

Comment

Working...
                              X