X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: famous people we may have met

Originally posted by Arran View Post
    This is true and I'm not making it up.

I used to know Hasib Hussain and his older brother Imran.
    Do they play cricket?

Comment

I used to know weatherman Chris Fawkes in the 1980s as he lived in the next street to me & was a friend of a friend.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

This happened to a friend of my mom's. She was a big fan of Bill Beaumont when he was team captain on A Question of Sport. She worked for a clothing manufacturer and was one day called into the manager's office. She was flabbergasted when Bill Beaumont was in there, apparently on business from his family's textile company. Her manager called her in to meet Bill as he knew she was such a fan of the ex-rugby player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
          Do they play cricket?
          Yes they do. Imran was really into cricket and once played for the Yorkshire Under-14s. Hasib was also into football and I believe that he once played for Holbeck Hornets. Imran used to be close friends with Shezhad Tanweer. I may have glimpsed him a few times but I have never knowingly met him. I have never met or conversed with Mohammad Siddique Khan or Germaine Lindsay.

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
            Met Jon Pertwee in 1973 (still have autographed 1973 Dr Who annual).

Met Lucy Pargeter in (Chaz Dingle Emmerdale) August 3rd this year and had pics taken with her and her husband Rudi. i saw them a month later to get the pics signed.
            Same here Stockcarfan He visited our high school; no idea why.
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I met Phil May of The Pretty Things when they played the 100 Club a few years back - he was in the loo(!) getting ready so I didn't engage him in too much conversation...

Attached Files
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
              X