famous people we may have met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: famous people we may have met

I've met loads of famous hip hop artists.
    Although they're only famous if you're interested in hip hop (which most of you aren't).
    I also know a fair few people in well known punk bands (but most of you seem to dislike punk too).
    I have also met quite a few famous pro wrestlers (again, not popular on here).
    Also a few more well known musicians, but again, only in various circles.
    I know, I know, i'm not impressing anybody.

I have friends who know some incredibly famous people who you will all have heard of, but I myself am still a link in the chain away.

OK, how about Dave Prowse aka Darth Vader, he's famous, i've met him.
    But considering that he visited thousands of schools as the Green Cross Code man that's probably even less impressive.
    OK, i'm shutting up.

Comment

​Tom Hanks
      I took this pic in November 1995 during the filming of "That Thing You Do." A few days before I had walked right by him and didn't realise who it was.

Comment

oh ive met some off the stars off eastenders if walking past them down london counts
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Dave Prowse (Darth Vader).

Met him, shook his hand, quick chat etc. Have a photo of it somewhere...Legend!

Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)

Ray Park (Darth Maul)

Also bumped into Jenson Button at Heathrow airport in 2009, we were taking the same flight to Japan, although I was not in first class! (he won the championship that year).

Comment

I met The Seekers in Sheffield after their 25th Reunion show in 1995, met Al Martino on his final UK tour in 2008, also met Esther Rantzen and Anita Harris at a Matt Monro book launch in 2011 and had my photo taken with both, and also Buddy Greco at the same event.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
              I've met loads of famous hip hop artists.
              Although they're only famous if you're interested in hip hop (which most of you aren't).
              I also know a fair few people in well known punk bands (but most of you seem to dislike punk too).
              I'd be interested, are they new Hip Hop artists or old school ones?

I've met a couple of old schoolers from the late 80s/early 90s.

I suppose i'd best add some different ones seeing as my last one will probably be erased from history now.....

These are ones i've spoken to:

Tom Baker
              Michael Sheard
              Frank Skinner
              Zoe Ball
              Smiley (from Smiley's people and Spaced)
              Zammo
              Roland Browning
              Dave Prowse (he was judging a Star Wars fancy dress compo at a toy shop)
              Buster Bloodvessel (and some of the band - a mate used to guest for them sometimes)
              Stereo MCs (jumped out on the skinny bloke when we were recording at a studio)
              PM Dawn
              There are more but my memory is fading.

I have met quite a few "modern" celebs too through my Mrs' work, they're all Australian ones so you wouldn't know many, maybe Gotye? the guy who sang "Somebody You Used to Know", but my Mrs has met far more than me, including Danni Minogue, Ed Sheeran, The twins from Good Charlotte, tripod, are just some of them.

Comment

Suzi Quatro Gloucester Leisure Centre '78
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Gary Numan at a book signing in the Virgin Megastore in London and John Toshack outside a supermarket in Sketty, near Swansea
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

John Pertwee who played Dr Who came to our school in the 70's. I have no idea the reason for his visit be he signed our autograph book

John also played Worzel Gommidge in the TV series of the same name alongside Una Stubbs who played Aunt Sally
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

• Re: famous people we may have met

The closest I have gotten is meeting Tom Coyne, who presented BBC Midlands Today in the 70s when he opened a fete I attended.

Comment

Edward Woodward opened our fete when I was a man-cub - didn't meet him, though...
                        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Dave Prowse came to my school in 1987 to do his famous talk about the Green Cross Code and road safety.

Leslie Crowther in the same year when he helped open up a new store for the first time.

Richard Bacon for the same reasons, but in the 1990s.

There are others but they haven't come to mind as I am writing this.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Ian Rush came to our school to talk about his football career, i found this boring as i hate football!! Also seen quite a few WAGS in my hometown of Liverpool, and saw The Queen at JL airport.

Comment

This is true and I'm not making it up.

I used to know Hasib Hussain and his older brother Imran.

Comment

Only famous person I've chatted with ( two minutes ) was Suggs ( Madness) .. hd was sat on the steps of a Blackpool team having a coffee break mid filming ( documentary )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X