Chip pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chip pans

Having said that, on tv quite recentley I've seen some chefs cook chips in a saucepan in cooking oil...........wouldn't that be pretty much the same thing as a chip pan Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-confused013.gif
Views:	5
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	260244

Comment

We still use our old big chip fan,except now it hasn't got a basket.I will have to buy one.

Comment

i hope your careful using it mate.
        you know how dangerous they can be.

and yes ours had the basket.
        got rid of ours a long time ago.

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
        We still use our old big chip fan,except now it hasn't got a basket.I will have to buy one.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

When I moved to Australia in the early 80's there was an insurance ad on telly, the woman was cooking chips and she answered the phone and when she realised her kitchen was on fire she said "oh my goodness, the chips", still have vivid memories of it and was always scared when my mom was cooking chips

Comment

it was a warning of what could go wrong.

Originally posted by aus_deb_72 View Post
            When I moved to Australia in the early 80's there was an insurance ad on telly, the woman was cooking chips and she answered the phone and when she realised her kitchen was on fire she said "oh my goodness, the chips", still have vivid memories of it and was always scared when my mom was cooking chips
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Can certainly remember the safety films on TV and another at primary school with a visit by the fire brigade with certain demonstrations in the playground.Mum always used to keep a damp towl by her in the kitchen when she used to old chip pan.There were certainly a couple of times I remember seeing the towl over the top of the pan.Don't ever think it was due to an actual chip pan fire but perhaps mum thought things were getting too close at times.

Comment

Working...
              X