Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: name your top 3 games you still play

have to agree its not really for me.

id much rather super metroid, zelda ocarina of time and zelda link to the past the thousands of hrs enjoyment i get from these 3 games is incredible and i never get bored with them.

Originally posted by Finnthedude View Post
    Great to see all you guys loving FF VII. I recently got it for my PSP and have been reliving the memories. It's still a fantastic game. It's true that some of the story telling is a bit long winded but it's also got some amazing parts that either make you laugh or cry. I know everyone remembers the death of Aeris but the one choker for me is when Nanaki/Red XIII finds out his father wasn't a coward but a hero. When he howls at his father's petrified body and it cries is a marvellous piece of fantasy drama.

Aside from FF VII I still play Quake on my PC and also Guardian Heroes on Xbox (it's an old Sega Saturn game).

Cheers,
    Finnthedude.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      id much rather super metroid, zelda ocarina of time and zelda link to the past the thousands of hrs enjoyment i get from these 3 games is incredible and i never get bored with them.
      only played these 3 very briefly, so haven't really had the chance to enjoy them but i did love Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Gameboy and absolutely loved Metroid Fusion on GBA, i picked it up for a fiver in a bargain bin at Woolworths and i gotta say it was the best fiver i've ever spent, i just couldn't put it down til i'd finished it.

Comment

now zelda got be my second best.. ive played and completed every one love the minish cap on ds

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
        only played these 3 very briefly, so haven't really had the chance to enjoy them but i did love Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Gameboy and absolutely loved Metroid Fusion on GBA, i picked it up for a fiver in a bargain bin at Woolworths and i gotta say it was the best fiver i've ever spent, i just couldn't put it down til i'd finished it.
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I loved Zelda: Twilight Princess, I feel that never got its due that game. A good portion of the Zelda fanbase had been clamouring for a more mature, darker Zelda game and I feel Twilight Princess was as dark as we were ever going to get for a Zelda game. Still, it kind of came and went without any real love I feel, however it remains one of my favourite games and it has perhaps my favourite interpretation of Hyrule Castle. I'm a massive fan of the music and it had a hell of a final battle, Ganondorf looked really evil in this one too!

Just wanted to mention something from Final Fantasy VII too, there was a scene near the end of the game which I had totally forgotten about until the last time I played it through a few years ago. It takes place as the team fly up to the Northern Cave and are all assembled on the deck of Highwind. Cloud turns to everyone and thanks them for sticking by him and tells them all to go away for a little while and take time with the people most precious to them. He tells them that the final battle with Sephiroth is looming and that he wouldn't blame any of them is they decided not to come back. It just blew me away watching that scene, as I say it had completely slipped my mind. It may just be a game but I really found that such an emotional moment and it shows just how well those characters were written that you felt such a close connection to them and the end of their journey was almost here.

Comment

wind waker is often criticised for the water in it.
            but it does not annoy me.
            its makes for tons of hrs exploraation.

the music is superb like on dragon roost island.

this has to be one of the best cutscenes from wind waker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbjjlJTBysA
            Last edited by darren; 04-12-2012, 14:36.

Comment

Strictly talking old games I actually played when I was younger (so no Final Fantasy 6, which was about 10 years old when I first played it), my list is probably:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Probably my favourite of all the Sonic games)
              Alex Kidd in Miracle World (First game I remember playing. Pretty hard to play but very fun)
              Dynamite Headdy (this was made by Treasure, who made lots of really tough, inventive games. You played a puppet who could throw his head about. The bosses were kind of crazy - one was a robotic dog that attacked you whilst an Orchestra played some classical music. Weirdest was probably this one.

Comment

For all the Zelda fans, there is a book being released early 2013 called Hyrule Historia which contains pretty much everything about the Zelda games and universe. I think it was released in Japan a good while back but is finally getting a release on these shores in january. It looks fantastic, I'm sure many of the Zelda fans on here might get a kick out of it, I just hope they print enough copies as there seems to be quite a demand for this one.

Comment

this is amazing news.

ill definitely get it it will be something quite unique.

i just adore everything about the zelda games the music the landscapes the puzzles etc.
                  A once in a lifetime chance this.

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                  For all the Zelda fans, there is a book being released early 2013 called Hyrule Historia which contains pretty much everything about the Zelda games and universe. I think it was released in Japan a good while back but is finally getting a release on these shores in january. It looks fantastic, I'm sure many of the Zelda fans on here might get a kick out of it, I just hope they print enough copies as there seems to be quite a demand for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicAlex View Post
                    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Probably my favourite of all the Sonic games)
                    indeed while locked onto Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3 was a great game, i loved getting Hyper Sonic, Hyper Knuckles and Super Tails.

did you ever play Sonic CD? that was my favourite of the 16-bit Sonic games.

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                      did you ever play Sonic CD? that was my favourite of the 16-bit Sonic games.
                      Yeah, I still have a Mega CD with a few games, Sonic CD being the best of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                        Yeah, I still have a Mega CD with a few games, Sonic CD being the best of the bunch.
                        2 games i highly recommend for the Mega CD are Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder - this is simply the best version in existence, ever better than the PC version (graphics and audio), my fave dungeon crawler RPG, and the second one is Snatcher ​- another one of Hideo Kojima's masterpieces

Comment

i must add resiedent evil games also in my top 3 when i aint playing ffv11 tha is lol
                          love them they great games ive just brought racoon city for xbox and hope the kids buy me number 6 for xmas or im in shops day after boxing day to get lol

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                            i must add resiedent evil games also in my top 3 when i aint playing ffv11 tha is lol
                            love them they great games ive just brought racoon city for xbox and hope the kids buy me number 6 for xmas or im in shops day after boxing day to get lol
                            I downloaded the first Resident Evil from the PS3 store and once I got past the old graphics I was amazed at how spooky and atmospheric it still is, the Mansion setting in that game was brilliant. I have still never played all the way through Resident Evil 2 but that one always seemed the most popular of the series, I hope they eventually remake it the same way they did with the original. Nemesis was also enjoyable, I remember me and a mate renting it one Saturday afternoon and completing it on the Sunday Morning.

Hope you enjoy Resident Evil 6 mate, it got a few mixed reviews but it seemed to get good marks off the hardcore Resident Evil fans.

Comment

resi 2 is good yea mate so is res 4 both had leon kennedy in them im at the mo back on resi 5 dont want put racoon city on yet and i hope the kids buy me resi 6 for xmas ill have sumat do xmas night then lol

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                              I downloaded the first Resident Evil from the PS3 store and once I got past the old graphics I was amazed at how spooky and atmospheric it still is, the Mansion setting in that game was brilliant. I have still never played all the way through Resident Evil 2 but that one always seemed the most popular of the series, I hope they eventually remake it the same way they did with the original. Nemesis was also enjoyable, I remember me and a mate renting it one Saturday afternoon and completing it on the Sunday Morning.

Hope you enjoy Resident Evil 6 mate, it got a few mixed reviews but it seemed to get good marks off the hardcore Resident Evil fans.

Comment

Another three from me..
                                (all arcade)

Track N Field
                                Defender
                                Amidar

Comment

Working...
                                X