X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: name your top 3 games you still play

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    Track N Field
    Aaaah, Track & Field, the game of kings.
    Possibly my favourite game ever.
    Followed by Galaga & Asteroids.

Comment

daley thompsons decathlon would be one as well as JSW 2, and deflektor
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        I never understood the love for FFVII. I played it back then and thought it was OK. I played through a fair section of it a few years back and gave up. It wasn't for me at all. I was bored rigid over the whole affair
        i'm guessing you weren't an RPG fan?

i was, my dad got me into RPGs on the Megadrive from a young age, played pretty much every RPG on the Megadrive and played most of them on the Saturn too, before FF7 came out.

i was hooked right from the start, truly amazing game with an amazing soundtrack too.

Comment

never played any fionasl fantasy games and they where released o different consoles.
          think the first few where nintendo.

im a fan of rpg games yet Zelda are the only ones ive played.
          been playing them since the very first one came out on the nes.
          remember it has a gold cartridge.

also the amazing super metroid wonderful soundtrack it may be 19 yrs old but i love as much if not more now than i did then.

and i adored it back then.

i love how it continues on from the return of samus especially in relation to the metroid larva which she saves in Return of samus.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
          i'm guessing you weren't an RPG fan?

i was, my dad got me into RPGs on the Megadrive from a young age, played pretty much every RPG on the Megadrive and played most of them on the Saturn too, before FF7 came out.

i was hooked right from the start, truly amazing game with an amazing soundtrack too.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            never played any fionasl fantasy games and they where released o different consoles.
            think the first few where nintendo.
            yeah Final Fantasy was all Nintendo till number 7 on PS1, but they didn't all come out over here back then, and the numbering got screwed up, like FF3 on SNES is really FF6, they just named it 3 cos it was the 3rd FF to come out, outside of Japan.

Comment

I'd be totally fine with it if Final Fantasy never existed. I've played through a few of the games just for the sake of it and didn't really enjoy any of them. The only thing about them is the later ones have amazing music.

Comment

I play so many on Mame that you forget how many were out there in the heyday.
                Can still recall first "video" games appearing in the UK holiday camp "amusements", before they became known as "arcades".
                one of the first I remember & still love is Lunar Lander
                So simple, but so bloody hard

Comment

Defender

- I used to plough my pocket money into the arcade machine our local newsagent had, back in the days when you could play video games in a newsagents. Last year I set about building my own defender-inspired arcade cabinet so I can play it on that. It's amazing how good this game still feels and sounds by today's standards.

Wizzball - had this on my c64 and loved it. Now i play a replica on pc.

Speedball 2 - so many laughs with mates playing this on my Amiga. Now I play it on the iPhone, but it's not quite the same without a joystick and a bunch of teenage friends.

Comment

This really is a tough one theres too many to mention but I'd go for Nodes Of Yesod, Sabrewulf and Cosmic Raiders all on the speccy

Comment

mr do,pacland,bubble bobble on mame,fab era

Comment

Working...
                      X