Smiths Flavour 'n' Shake Crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smiths Flavour 'n' Shake Crisps

I suppose the idea came way back in time before crisps were flavored and just plain. Why not chuck in a twist of salt so your customers could either flavour their own crisps or just leave them good old fashioned plain potato and fat as they were before.
    I don't remember the Flavour 'n' Shake crisps so perhaps did not get into the area I lived or somehow I missed them totally.

Still buy Salt 'n' Shake crisps regularly, but I suppose the days of getting a double or triple salt sachets is long past.

Comment

Yes! The Smokey Bacon Flavour N' Shake were gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman View Post
        I could never understand the point of this marketing concept. Why not just sell Ready Salted and have done with it without all this farting about having to do it yourself? Not only that , but you could guarantee some crisps would be too salty, and some not salty enough. I can only assume it was cheaper for them to produce.
        I buy Salt and Shake frequently because I like to eat them without the salt. I don't know of any other unsalted crisps available.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          Flavour & Shake were available in the North West around 1986-7.
          We had them here in the South West too - mid 80s.

Comment

Not seen them here for a very long time i cant even remember what the packaging was like.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I vaguely remember these - and I think the flavour was kind of inferior to 'actual' flavoured crisps.

Comment

I remember these! Somehow they made their way to Folkestone in Kent. I remember the fish'n'chip flavour was amazing - far better than other more well-known fish'n'chip flavoured snacks!

Comment

I didn't even know they did different flavoured shake crisps, I only remembered the salt n shake ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X