Whats your favourite quiz show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your favourite quiz show?

I had a couple. I loved 321. Remember sitting watching with all my family every week and all of us trying to the thing with our fingers that Ted Rogers did.

Also liked Blankety Blank - has anyone out there still got a Blankety - Blank cheque book and pen

And of course Blockbusters with the legendary (i'll have a P please) Bob Holness

What was yours ?
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Re: Whats your favourite quiz show?

all of the above

and - ask the family, university challenge and mastermind

Comment

there are to many to mention but blockbusters comes very high on the list.
      as does ones like strike it lucky and bullseye.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

bullseye i still watch now just to see how good the prizes was lol ( yea its a speed boat again lol )
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

It's great that there's a TV channel devoted to these old quiz shows - There's nothing like watching an old episode of 'Bullseye' or '3-2-1', just to gawp at the prizes or dated fashions.

I've recently been reminded (by seeing it again) how good 'Bob's Full House' was - "In Bingo lingo, it's clickety-click, it's time to take your pick of the six!", and I always enjoyed 'Blankety Blank'.

Don't forget 'Treasure Hunt'. That was one of my favourites, and I've recently seen it's late-'80s successor 'Interceptor' which I never watched at the time (it seemed a bit complicated compared to 'Treasure Hunt'), but which it turned out I actually enjoyed.

Anyway, it's time to welcome The Brian Rogers Connection.......!
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

YOUR so right mate.

im pretty sure i did see interceptor thnk it was on channel 4.

also loved challenge anneka uthanneka rice.
            she had an hour to find all these clues being on foot in a helicopter etc.

blankety blank catchphrase all great shows some of which have made a comeback.

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
            It's great that there's a TV channel devoted to these old quiz shows - There's nothing like watching an old episode of 'Bullseye' or '3-2-1', just to gawp at the prizes or dated fashions.

I've recently been reminded (by seeing it again) how good 'Bob's Full House' was - "In Bingo lingo, it's clickety-click, it's time to take your pick of the six!", and I always enjoyed 'Blankety Blank'.

Don't forget 'Treasure Hunt'. That was one of my favourites, and I've recently seen it's late-'80s successor 'Interceptor' which I never watched at the time (it seemed a bit complicated compared to 'Treasure Hunt'), but which it turned out I actually enjoyed.

Anyway, it's time to welcome The Brian Rogers Connection.......!
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

3-2-1 was too weird with long winded clues and explanations after a short skit some one gave ted rogers a card and he read something like "ive got 4 wheels and doors and you can see me on the road " you are 100% sure its a car but then he turned it on its head by saying something like " doors..doors have knobs ..you turn knobs if you turn something you could be seen to be winding something..... wheels ....whats got wheels...a cog has wheels..... mm on a road ..a road is a path could it be the path of time.... thats right youve won a clock.."

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                3-2-1 was too weird with long winded clues and explanations after a short skit some one gave ted rogers a card and he read something like "ive got 4 wheels and doors and you can see me on the road " you are 100% sure its a car but then he turned it on its head by saying something like " doors..doors have knobs ..you turn knobs if you turn something you could be seen to be winding something..... wheels ....whats got wheels...a cog has wheels..... mm on a road ..a road is a path could it be the path of time.... thats right youve won a clock.."
                LMAO so true, I could never work out any of the clues.

Comment

I caught the end of it as a kid but thanks to the greatness that is Challenge TV I have been able to watch it quite a bit - the one and only Bullseye. Infact, last summer I found myself addicted to it. Despite the hideous fashion on show and the god-awful prizes there is something really nice about it, you can't help but love Jim Bowen, what a pro.

As an aside on Bullseye, what was the worst prize ever seen on the show? My vote would have to go for the little bronze darts player statue that would pop up now and again, awful stuff.

On the subject of Interceptor, like Bullseye, I caught this thanks to Challenge TV earlier this year. What a cracking show and man, when you hear that theme tune it gets stuck right in your head. As a show it's pretty chaotic with the technology failing on several occasions and people talking all over each other but The Interceptor and his pilot are a great little double act. They certainly don't make them like that anymore. Shame they made so few episodes too.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Bullseye & I love watching the repeats. Challenge have shown some very old shows over the last year or so.
                    Also Blankety Blank (with Terry Wogan) was awesome.
                    I would also say Family Fortunes (especially with Max Bygraves or Bob Monkhouse).
                    Plus anything else hosted by the aforementioned Bob Monkhouse, the man is an absolute joy to watch, whatever the format.
                    And, although is isn't retro, Q.I. has to be the greatest quiz show of all time.

Comment

winner takes all with geoffrey wheeler/jimmy tarbuck
                      a question of sport with david coleman i hate the latest version with sue "laugh at anything" barker
                      call my bluff
                      ask the family
                      tv adicts
                      not so much a quiz but win lose or draw
                      cant remember its name but a weird sci fi game show on saturday tea time (after play away) with aliens morphing into humans where contestants had to get to the end of a grid with out stepping on the hexagon that would make them disappear

Comment

Bullseye scared the **** out of me when I was a kid, it still does now, that bloody bull is creepy as ****! *shudders* :cry:

The Crystal Maze was fab, I used to love that, watched it every week. Never Mind The Buzzcocks used to be good in the early days too, it's just a pile of cack now.

I also was a big fan of Brucie's second run of The Generation Game, from the early 90s.
                        - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                        - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                          winner takes all with geoffrey wheeler/jimmy tarbuck
                          a question of sport with david coleman i hate the latest version with sue "laugh at anything" barker
                          call my bluff
                          ask the family
                          tv adicts
                          not so much a quiz but win lose or draw
                          cant remember its name but a weird sci fi game show on saturday tea time (after play away) with aliens morphing into humans where contestants had to get to the end of a grid with out stepping on the hexagon that would make them disappear
                          That last one was The Adventure Game. https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...adventure+game

Comment

Ones I used to like:

The Price Is Right (with Leslie Crowther)

Bob's Full House

Gibberish

Remote Control

Connections

Blockbusters (with Bob Holness)

Keynotes

Turnabout

Going For Gold

Masterteam

Child's Play
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment