Dressing the 1980s way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dressing the 1980s way

SAorry in advance if there was a similar thread - though i've done a search though to no avail, but who else from the guy's and galson here has noticed among your peers you are dressing a 1970s- 1980s way, like your people 20s year's older than you would, then.

I think a lot ofr this iss through the advent of "Retro Shop's" that have a nice habbit of up-dating 80s clothes to make them appear 80s but not too modern to catch on they are of today's generation - which i'm glad about though I mean i'm finding i've a liking now for Sports and Tweed Coats and lighter kless brighter Shirts than even say 10 years since, and Trousers like Cords or Farrars. Whatr about other members on here, do you think that this style etc has come "full circle"?

Thanks for any replies,

80sChav

Re: Dressing the 1980s way

i feel a lot of styles come into and out of fashion.
    in some ways be it seventies and eighties clothes they most surely do com back into fashion.

we have seen it happen over the last number of yrs.

i have a lot of eighties clothes as many know by my profile i love the eighties so its not a shock.
    always liked cords i have a pair i wear.
    always thought cords where very stylish.

i have a retro shop aout 10 miles or so away.

it sells an incredible amount of classy retro clothes.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    SAorry in advance if there was a similar thread - though i've done a search though to no avail, but who else from the guy's and galson here has noticed among your peers you are dressing a 1970s- 1980s way, like your people 20s year's older than you would, then.

I think a lot ofr this iss through the advent of "Retro Shop's" that have a nice habbit of up-dating 80s clothes to make them appear 80s but not too modern to catch on they are of today's generation - which i'm glad about though I mean i'm finding i've a liking now for Sports and Tweed Coats and lighter kless brighter Shirts than even say 10 years since, and Trousers like Cords or Farrars. Whatr about other members on here, do you think that this style etc has come "full circle"?

Thanks for any replies,

80sChav
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

dresses with shoulder pads...........we had to have em and they were a real pain..........my shoulders weren't big enough to keep them on.......if the clothes were well made they did give a woman a nice classy shape........i remember getting paid on a fridy and going to etam to buy a new dress to wear out that evening £17 well spent

Comment

Thin black piano ties will never go out of fashion. Well in my world anyways

Comment

Last week I saw some leg warmers for sale. That brought me right back to the 80's when I used to wear them over my jeans ruched. Think they were worn in the Fame programme too. Also had a nice body (top) that had a scalloped neck that I wore with tight jeans.
          Last edited by Beach Life; 09-12-2012, 17:57.

Comment

Working...
          X