Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swap Shop Video cassette

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
    DemonEyeX, as I said I know some archivists that would like to speak to you. They are serious professionals, involved in searching for lost TV episodes. Large chunks of Sawp Shop and Tiswas are missing, and are much sought after.

They have the equipment and the expertise to examine your tapes, transfer onto DVD or other media, give you a copy, AND you can keep the originals.

Your collection sounds very promising, and may well contain some missing gems. It would make a lot of people very happy to get them back. Would you please let them contact you by email to discuss the matter?
    It's not something that i've collected myself, I got the tapes from my uncle about 10 years back,
    I needed a Betamax VCR, and they had one still working (alas no longer) and a few boxes of cassettes.
    Hardly any of the tapes were labelled, so I spent a bit of time finding out what was on them.
    There was at least one of each show I mentioned as far as I remember, but I only got through about half way through the tapes before I lost interest.
    Next time I went to check what was on the tapes I found that the VCR was no longer working (There are 3 Betamax recorders in different states of knackerdness at my parents).
    All my videos (of which there are literally thousands of) are also currently stored at my parents, so it's just a question of getting round there with a few spare hours to search through the many boxes, at least it will be obvious which ones are Betamax. However, i doubt that I will have time to do that until the new year.
    I'll make it my new years resolution to sort out my videos.
    Send me a private message and i'll sort you out with my details.

Comment

Okay, PM sent.

Comment

Sorry I have been offline for a while and missed the posts here....my Youtube channel is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lunarmodule5?feature=mhee

There are quite a few BBC and ITV broadcasts on the site featuring coverage of Apollo and Space Shuttle flights. As far back as 1970.

My own personal collection has a lot of documentarys and series related to the space programme. Some are still to be transferred.

Comment

Working...
        X