Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Shop Video cassette

Just a heads up to all....

On Ebay there is someone selling a Phillips video cassette form the 70s (?) which apparently includes an edition of Swap Shop. Of course, it might not! But if it does it might be a long lost episode.

Its here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-N1...item1e743d5f10

Obviously you would need a compatable VCR to play it, but I thought I would inform people on DYR - If I had a VCR I would take a chance!

Regards

BKRMUK

Re: Swap Shop Video cassette

look at the the size of the tape !!

Comment

is quite impressive isnt it!

Comment

Someone has bid on it........and no, it's not me...

Comment

it went for £109.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bakermuk View Post
            it went for £109.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Oh my gosh, that's amazing. I have loads of Saturday morning shows on Betamax, Tiswas, Swap Shop, Saturday Superstore, Going Live, plus some other ITV ones. I'll have to dig them out. I wonder what they would sell for.................

Comment

You know there's many episodes of all those shows that are currently listed as missing, right?
              If you really have such tapes I know some archivists that would be very pleased to talk to you.

Got any Saturday Banana? There's very little of that surviving.

Comment

I would love to have a few more copies of any Swap Shops - but I cant afford £110 a shot! Sheesh!

Comment

£110 today ..........maybe much more in a few years time

Comment

Yes you are probably right! I will have to stick with the memories of what I think my youthful Saturday mornings were like...lol

Comment

Just a suggestion (as i too recently went through my vhs tapes). Id make a copy of any tapes on to dvd as soon as possible. Youll be surprised how delicate, mouldy and unplayable some are or have become. Its sad that a lot of these programs are indeed being lost because of this. Yes the monetary value to yourself is beneficial of course but id think about putting them on disc first then selling.
                      I uploaded most of my older stuff onto youtube, mainly noels xmas presents and driving school type stuff but if you do have such pop performances and such from early morning shows then its worth looking after.
                      Seriously.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-PH...item3a7bacd1a0

Comment

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
                          You know there's many episodes of all those shows that are currently listed as missing, right? If you really have such tapes I know some archivists that would be very pleased to talk to you. Got any Saturday Banana? There's very little of that surviving.
                          Unfortunately no Saturday Banana (that I know of). Another problem at the moment is that all the tapes are Betamax, and I don't have a working Betamax VCR right now, just 3 broken ones. The videos are safely stored though, I just need a decent Betamax VCR for me to go through the tapes, most of them don't have labels. I have a mass of stuff on video that I need to convert, it just takes time & patience. I will do it one day, trust me, those shows are safe for now.

Comment

have converted all my space programme videos and have, like retro, uploaded them to Youtube as well as keeping copies. I also have the idea of holding the files on a seperate hard drive to preserve them further. I have one swap shop but would like to find more.

Comment

DemonEyeX, as I said I know some archivists that would like to speak to you. They are serious professionals, involved in searching for lost TV episodes. Large chunks of Sawp Shop and Tiswas are missing, and are much sought after.

They have the equipment and the expertise to examine your tapes, transfer onto DVD or other media, give you a copy, AND you can keep the originals.

Your collection sounds very promising, and may well contain some missing gems. It would make a lot of people very happy to get them back. Would you please let them contact you by email to discuss the matter?

bakermuk, the same goes for your one Swap Shop. Do you know the transmission date, or have a guest list? Also, please link to your youtube channel, the space programmes might be of interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X