'Cherry B'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cherry B'

Am I the first ?! I was born in 1953, and I all but grew up with a fabulous dark red little drink called Cherry B ! It came in a small bottle that would have been about a wine glass and a half or today's large glass...It was about 14% proof, and despite it's feminine quality, and its' sweet cherry flavour, it definitely had a kick...the amazing news is that in Yeovil near where I live, YOU CAN STILL GET IT !

More...

Re: 'Cherry B'

I'm too young to remember it first time round but an older cousin of mine often spoke of getting drunk on cherry B as a teenager. A couple of years ago I spotted some in the supermarket along with little bottles of snowball (another thing that passed me by) so I got some to try. Have to say I could hardly drink the cherry B. It was disgusting! The snowball wasn't much better but did manage to drink it.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I've not heard of that, but I like a measure of cherry brandy in a glass of coke.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

similar sized bottle was Babycham ( mini champagne).

Comment

Oh and you could get a Snowball too.

Comment

Re: Cherry B Drink

it looks really nice indeed.

but it is available through out britain i wonder.

but for it to still be going is incredible.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Cherry B Drink

Click image for larger version

Name:	cherry b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	260167

Saw this Cherry B drink in a small off licence window but you can (at the moment) buy it from ASDA. I don't have a local ASDA so I will buy it online with my groceries. Is it nice though? It states it's 11.5% and for 4 small bottles £2.50. Can be drunk neat or with lemonade or????? Has it made a comeback or has it been out for ages?

My mum said she drank it in her younger days and remembers the jingle:-
              ♫Cherry B, Cherry B
              It’s the cherry wine with Pop! Pop! Pop!
              Cherry B, Cherry B
              It's the sparkling drink for me!♫
              Last edited by Beach Life; 23-11-2012, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyblue View Post
                Oh and you could get a Snowball too.
                Was another name for it egg nogg ? I once drank these egg noggs circa late 1990's. They are usually drank at Christmas (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                  Was another name for it egg nogg ?
                  No, it's kind of similar, but they are different.
                  Snowball is a mix of Advocaat and Lemonade (sometimes a splash of lime juice too).
                  I used to love having a sip or two when I was young, but I haven't had one for years.

And to get back on topic.

I bought some Cherry B a few years back as I had always wanted to try it.
                  Unfortunately I didn't like it so I gave it to a girl I know (who loved it !).
                  It's on sale at loads of places in my area.

Comment

OK Folks! My friend Suzy and I used to drink this in 1983, we ordered half a sweet cider sipped some out and poured the cherry B into it, it was known as a "Leg Over" Honestly, it was!

It does resemble cherry brandy in appearance and taste.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                      OK Folks! My friend Suzy and I used to drink this in 1983, we ordered half a sweet cider sipped some out and poured the cherry B into it, it was known as a "Leg Over" Honestly, it was!

It does resemble cherry brandy in appearance and taste.
                      You are not kidding, I was in the Royal Navy and I remember the lads saying 'Feed the women with Cherry B and it will drop their knickers without them knowing' - It did the trick and the Navy Nickname for Cherry B is 'The Knicker Dropper!'

Absolutely great days - Bring it back

Comment

Speaking of Snowball, advocat & lemonade, around the feastive season an ad' would be on tv for Warniks advocat, it featured a tipsy looking Austrian fellow raising his glass to the camera and saying "eveninks and morniks i drink Warniks", i remember thinking well thats why your always ******!

Comment

Working...
                        X