Early 90s Dance Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 90s Dance Music

I could not find another similar thread to this, I hope it's ok to crerate this one as such bearing this in mind. Did any other members really like early 90s Dance Music- though it was'nt mainstream music, I so liked listening to the likes of Haddoway, Whigfield and 2 Unlimited and many many more similar clubbing type music around say 1992 to 1994/1995 before music all changed yet again.

I heard a song only yesterday - I never knew the artist but knew the Song instantly - Ride On Times, this for me just illustrates how in this gene and era of the 1990s that the music was admitted very different but very similar in the amount of differing act's like in the 1960s - where every group and/or singer had 1/2 great song at the least if not more, but you could still tell the song if not the artist - years later. What do other members think?

Thanks,

80sChav

Re: Early 90s Dance Music

I still have the 7" KLF Last train to Trancentral somewhere. I also have the entire Deep Heat collection ripped to MP3. Atlantic 252 used to play a lot of this type of music in the early 90s'. At one point, Snap's Rhythm is a dancer was every 3rd song!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      Did any other members really like early 90s Dance Music- though it was'nt mainstream music, I so liked listening to the likes of Haddoway, Whigfield and 2 Unlimited
      Well, you say it wasn't mainstream music, but all the artists you mention had number ones in the UK (with the exception of Haddaway who had a number two), so they can certainly be considered mainstream.
      Also you mention Ride On Time by Black Box, this was also a UK number one.
      That's about as mainstream as you can get.
      Although I agree that Ride On Time is a well put together track with cleverly used samples.
      Last edited by DemonEyeX; 21-11-2012, 02:59. Reason: Formatting Error

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ride on time by Black Box was released in 1989 so it actually falls into the best decade ever for music !!!!!

I would agree though the there was some really good dance music during the early 90's
        Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Although I'm not the world's biggest dance music fan these days, I started clubbing as a student in Colchester from '92 to '94, so recall a lot of the music that was being played then, and I must admit to having a retro liking for the dance music of the early '90s.
          I remember hearing The Shamen played a lot - 'Ebeneezer Goode', 'Boss Drum' and 'Move Any Mountain' in particular. The Brothers In Rhythm remix of Heaven 17's 'Temptation' was particularly good, and Stereo MCs 'Connected' and 'Step It Up' were big hits. M People started to get heard around this time - remember 'How Can I Love You More' or 'Renaissance' (which was the TV theme to the fly-on-the-wall documentary 'The Living Soap' about a student house-share at the time)?
          Doop revived the Charleston for a '90s audience, and Robin S had a big hit with 'Show Me Love'.
          Just thought I'd throw those in.
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
          X