Dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollar

I liked this band as a kid and teen. They had a great sound, looked great together and I'm sure had a lot of people falling in love to their music. My favourite songs by them are "Who Were You With In The Moonlight", "I Want To Hold Your Hand", "The Girls Are Out To Get You" and "I Need Your Love".

Thereze Bazar now lives in Sydney and her son Sam was on a music reality show a few years ago called "My Kids A Star". David Van Day seems to have his fair share of haters regarding his ego - he doesn't always play his cards right with people, especially when he went and dumped his ex-girlfriend on prime time TV show "The Wright Stuff".

Re: Dollar

Dollar seemed to be one group to were off my radar in the 1980s for some reason, along with A Flock Of Seagulls.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I saw Dollar sing in a nightclub in the 80s (Mirror Mirror). He was on I'm a Celebrity and wasn't liked! Did he used to work in a burger bar in Brighton?

Comment

I liked Videotheque but preferred the Buggles' original.

Comment

I really like 'Hand Held In Black & White' by Dollar. Mirror Mirror is an 80's classic!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I'd never actually heard of this group until their song 'Mirror Mirror' appeared as the intro music on some *GENUINELY* terrible late night sitcom set in a hairdressers. I encountered it while channel hopping. Still can't remember what the show was called (and I probably don't want to find out either ) but I was hooked on the tune and had to find out who they were after that.

Comment

They were hardly "a band". But released some good pop moozik. Thanks to Trevor Horn.
              I'm obviously old, because I remember this: when it came out!

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                I saw Dollar sing in a nightclub in the 80s (Mirror Mirror). He was on I'm a Celebrity and wasn't liked! Did he used to work in a burger bar in Brighton?
                I believe he did.

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                  I believe he did.
                  Actually, he owned a burger van / bar, which was featured in some ads for Virgin Money Finance a few years ago. He was a bit of a laughing stock when that news came out. Until, he sold it for big money.

Comment

The only Dollar song I know is Oh Lamour as it was on my Now 11 tape. I liked that song but never looked into them further so they kind of passed me by too.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      The only Dollar song I know is Oh Lamour as it was on my Now 11 tape. I liked that song but never looked into them further so they kind of passed me by too.
                      That must have been a late one from Dollar, it was an early single for Erasure that just scraped into the charts.

It's on Erasure's first singles compilation for completeness.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                        That must have been a late one from Dollar, it was an early single for Erasure that just scraped into the charts.

It's on Erasure's first singles compilation for completeness.
                        Yep, looking at the history it's one of their last releases. Never realised it was a cover! I'll have to listen to the Erasure version to see how it compares.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                          Actually, he owned a burger van / bar, which was featured in some ads for Virgin Money Finance a few years ago. He was a bit of a laughing stock when that news came out. Until, he sold it for big money.
                          Yes, he was known as David Burger Van Day for a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X