The Cedar Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cedar Tree

Anyone remember it?, it was on about 12.30 midday in the 'Southern' region in the late 70's.

Re: The Cedar Tree

Yes I remember watching it, one of the very first Australian soaps to air over here I believe. I can't remember anything of the characters or storylines and can vaguely remember the opening titles. I think The Sullivans replaced it on the lunchtime slot.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
      Yes I remember watching it, one of the very first Australian soaps to air over here I believe. I can't remember anything of the characters or storylines and can vaguely remember the opening titles. I think The Sullivans replaced it on the lunchtime slot.
      Most probably.................and 'The Sullivans' was better tbh, I used to love that!.

Comment

cant remember it myself the sullivans i remember came on around half 12 in the afternoon.
        here i found a clip of the cedar tree.
        http://youtu.be/uymQKSP_tpM

it ran from 76 to 79 in the uk.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Cedar tree was a British show.

Comment

Originally posted by telcur View Post

So it was, wonder why i thought it was Australian. Time and memory playing tricks no doubt.
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

We used to have an hour off at lunchtime for our first few years at primary school I remember having time to go home for lunch and this used to be on. My older sister loved it. I remember an Elizabeth in it and an Ann..who fell off a horse and went blind or it could've been someone else.

Comment

could have been sure it was aussie show.

great work mate.
                but it does look a very god show.

Originally posted by telcur View Post
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                  We used to have an hour off at lunchtime for our first few years at primary school I remember having time to go home for lunch and this used to be on. My older sister loved it. I remember an Elizabeth in it and an Ann..who fell off a horse and went blind or it could've been someone else.
                  Exactly the same ann22..................an hour off at lunchtime, rush home for a cheese and pickle roll, packet of crisps and then back to school .

If I remember correctly, Pipkins was on just before it, but that was a very long time ago and I'm probably just imagining it.

Comment

Its been announced that the first series of 'The Cedar Tree' will be released on DVD in May.

I watched the first episode (called Victoria) on Youtube this morning and it is very good, a lot of it is set in the same room so it has a feel of a play. I can see me buying this.

Comment

If it had been an aussie series it would have been called "THE EUCALYPTUS TREE" or "THE GUM TREE "

Comment

Working...
                      X