Look-In Magazine, Era: 1988-1994!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look-In Magazine, Era: 1988-1994!!

The infamous free flexi disc was 'Crush on You' by The Jets. My friend had it but I didn't manage to get a copy - sold out! Remember it was clear white plastic and it had to be put on top of another single to get it to play. Bit of a rubbish song but we absolutely loved it then. It must have come out not long after the real single for it to be so popular. It seemed 'current' at the time.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I read it in the mid 70's,I remember the front cover where always really well illustrated and colourful.

Comment

My nanna used to get us a comic, a can of pop, some sweets and 50p when we went every Saturday. My sister got look in and smash hits, my brother got 2000ad and I got girl. the comics used to have really good freebies back then. I sometimes see the look in annuals for sale but never the magazines.

Comment

it was great in the 70's

Comment

Yes Look In- got it in 70's for pop posters.....and flexi discs.
            It was good for television schedules...
            and I too am amazed it lasted so long on sale.

Comment

Have a look at this site it's got pages scanned from look in as well as tv times
              http://radiosoundsfamiliar.com/

Comment

Brilliant Hooper Thanks ...follyfoot...leslie crowther....

Comment

I believe in the first edition you got a cardboard TV studio, cameras, sets and figurines used by the magpie programme. This was so you could do your own show.

Comment

What a great magazine Look In was as too was Fast Forward which was similar-ish I recall

I have had regrets ever since - throwing a lot of my old magazines like these, no doubts!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      The infamous free flexi disc was 'Crush on You' by The Jets. My friend had it but I didn't manage to get a copy - sold out! Remember it was clear white plastic and it had to be put on top of another single to get it to play. Bit of a rubbish song but we absolutely loved it then. It must have come out not long after the real single for it to be so popular. It seemed 'current' at the time.
                      I remember getting that - they were like a poor man's Five Star in a way. The record was black plastic as far as I remember. There was no B side to the record as it wasn't a proper vinyl record. I did try and play the "B side" of the record to see what would happen...

We used to get Look In - it was great during its imperial phase, and not too bad during its "Shakin' Stevens/Bucks Fizz/Adam Ant" phase of 1982-1983. But when it went "Stock, Aiken and Waterman" on us circa 1986, I didn't like it as much then.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X