Clear All

Re: 70's horrors

and this one.

http://youtu.be/A7ifmDGdCZ0
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
      Yeah, some top choices there agfagaevart.

In particular Psychomania is one of my all time faves,
      Amazing soundtrack by Library legend John Cameron too.

You forgot to mention, the living legend that is, NICKY HENSON!!

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post

You forgot to mention, the living legend that is, NICKY HENSON!!
        Certainly is a living legend, big fan of Nicky here.
        It was only a few nights ago I was watching him in the classic No. 1 of the Secret Service/Her Majesty’s Top Gun.

A great actor, and highly prolific, being a familiar face on TV, in films and at the theatre.
        I am a huge man of his work in the movies, but I will always remember him best as Mr Johnson in Fawlty Towers, I must have seen that episode 100 + times over the years.

Comment

Shivers from 1975....well it gave me the shivers.Yucky little slimey things.

Comment

Which is regularly shown on the excellent Horror Channel (319).

Comment

Never actually seen this.
              but its never on tv.

but another is zoltan hound of dracula.

this one i really like.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                Yeah, I love Shivers, great flick.
                But whenever I watch it I have to double bill it with Rabid.

Comment

Surprised no one has mentioned Alien probably the best sci fi horror ever, also Grizzly an enormous crazed bear slaughtering everyone it encounters a kind of Jaws on dry land and keeping with the Jaws theme there's Orca staring Richard Harris and Charlotte Rampling.

Comment

has anyone mentioned SQUIRM the "man eating "worm film from around 1978

Comment

Does anyone remember Alice, Sweet Alice AKA Communion?

I also like The Fog, Tourist Trap, Black Christmas, Legend of Hell House, The Shining, Frightmare, The Sentinel, Carrie, A Bay of Blood, Rabid, Asylum, Don't Be Afraid of The Dark, From Beyond The Grave,The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue, The Theatre of Blood, Deep Red, Lets Scare Jessica to Death, The Exorcist, and Race With The Devil.

The trouble is I don't have much time to watch them all. Currently trying to collect some cult films/TV Series. Maybe I might find the time when my kids fly the nest.

If anyone can give me some recommendations, perhaps some underated hidden gems then that would be great.

Comment

One of my favourites,is Disciple of Death with Mike Raven.I have only recently watched it,as it was so difficult to find.I read an online review of it a year or so ago,which slagged it off,But,upon watching it myself,decided it was a decent enough movie and does not warrant much negativity.As a long term horror film fan,i can spot the little things in the movie associated with other horror films that Mike Raven has been in.It's as if Mike Raven made the film,and put loads of bits and pieces from his other films into this one.He wears the same hat he wore in Lust For a Vampire,and tries to dress and appear as Count Karnstein in different sections of the film.I really like what Mike Raven did with this film.

Comment

devils rain is fantastic with william shatner and ernest borgnine.
                          satans triangle as well.
                          the haunting of julia as well.

Originally posted by chrisino View Post
                          Does anyone remember Alice, Sweet Alice AKA Communion?

I also like The Fog, Tourist Trap, Black Christmas, Legend of Hell House, The Shining, Frightmare, The Sentinel, Carrie, A Bay of Blood, Rabid, Asylum, Don't Be Afraid of The Dark, From Beyond The Grave,The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue, The Theatre of Blood, Deep Red, Lets Scare Jessica to Death, The Exorcist, and Race With The Devil.

The trouble is I don't have much time to watch them all. Currently trying to collect some cult films/TV Series. Maybe I might find the time when my kids fly the nest.

If anyone can give me some recommendations, perhaps some underated hidden gems then that would be great.

Comment

ive never seen either believe it or not mate.

and ive the pre certs of both probably cut.

Another is death weekend saw it last night great show.

Nice to see the heroine diane, played by brenda vaccaro single handedly deals with the ones her terrorized her and her rich playboy friend in his house.
                            Must be at least 15 yrs since i last saw this until i saw it last night.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                            Yeah, I love Shivers, great flick.
                            But whenever I watch it I have to double bill it with Rabid.

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                              Some unintentionally funny horror, which used to be shown on TV a lot:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc8bHG4VB2w

This was brilliant. But hardly gets an airing either:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klfE_nescX0

I remember seeing and hearing trailers for this classic!
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEVY_lonKf4

A pretty good TV movie, which shouldn't have been remade:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6ykIRi3_s

This trailer was better than the movie. But It still chills my spine!
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxgVoUL22s8

Last but not least:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L86jAuTQZ-E
                              Some great memories there...loved The Beast Must Die (remember the 'Werewolf break' halfway through?). The Horror Express gave me the creeps too and as for Magic. Imagine one of those sitting at the bottom of your bed!

Comment

I loved the anthologies, Dr Terror's House of Horrors, From Beyond the Grave and The House that Dripped Blood. I'm bored with slasher films now but Halloween in its day was terrifying. Still enjoy it for the atmosphere and music. Loved Salem's Lot, though it's more a mini series than a movie and Jaws is one of my favourite films of all time...It's not a typical horror film but it came 3rd in the Channel 4's top 100 horror films.

Comment

Working...
                                X