Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90s Horrors

why not, since we have the other 2 decades lol

any good 90s horrors that really stand out?

IMO 90s horrors only seemed to be good up til about 1993, although there was a couple of decent ones in the mid to late 90s - Scream, Scream 2 and House On Haunted Hill.

someone please prove me wrong, as my 90s horror collection is tiny compared to my 80s/2000s collection.

Re: 90s Horrors

alien 3
    childs play 2 for starters mate.

see there is hope for the nineties.

although this decade is no where near as good as the previous 2.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

oh dear here we go again lol
      aliens has to be one of my favs
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        alien 3
        childs play 2 for starters mate.

see there is hope for the nineties.

although this decade is no where near as good as the previous 2.
        Alien 3 i wouldn't have classed as a horror, Child's Play 2 was good yeah, but that falls into the same time frame of before 1993.

Comment

The Blair Witch Project.

When it first came out someone I was working with at the time was a film buff & liked it a lot. He made one of the stick motifs from the film & kept it on his desk.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

really u dont feel alien 3 is a hooror well i thought it pretty scsry.

another is childs play 3.

andy is now at military school.
            still pretty gruesome.

and yes number 3 is 1991.
            first 3 yrs of this decade where the best i felt.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
            Alien 3 i wouldn't have classed as a horror, Child's Play 2 was good yeah, but that falls into the same time frame of before 1993.

Comment

alien 3 and 4 good but wouldnt class them with 1 and 2 they was the best another from 90s has to be basket case 2 now theres a classic horror
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i've never thought of the Alien films as horror, just as sci-fi.

seen Child's Play 3, thought it sucked big time, Bride of Chucky (1998) was ok though.

still to see any of the Blair Witch Project films

seen Basket Case 2, another cr*p one IMO.

one of the best 90s horrors was Braindead (aka Dead Alive), that was brilliant lol

Comment

Funny but I never realised until recently that Chucky, both his voice and his original human form, was played by Brad Dourif whose best-known role was as Billy Bibbitt in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Comment

yeah braindead was good.

to me alien is a mix of sci fi and horror.
                    and its rather scary i must say.

also freddy's dead from 91.
                    really thought it rather poor.
                    Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                    i've never thought of the Alien films as horror, just as sci-fi.

seen Child's Play 3, thought it sucked big time, Bride of Chucky (1998) was ok though.

still to see any of the Blair Witch Project films

seen Basket Case 2, another cr*p one IMO.

one of the best 90s horrors was Braindead (aka Dead Alive), that was brilliant lol

Comment

i actually liked Freddy's Dead quite alot.

anyone seen Shakma (1990), about the crazed baboon, that was pretty good, i remember the trailer being on the Freddy's Dead VHS, took me years to find it to download though.

Comment

Maybe ineed to watch it again to appreciate it been a long time since i saw freddys dead.

i really dont like screram.
                        its classed as a horror/lasher its nothing compared to the greats of previous decades.

to download though.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          The Blair Witch Project.

When it first came out someone I was working with at the time was a film buff & liked it a lot. He made one of the stick motifs from the film & kept it on his desk.
                          I love The Blair Witch Project, for some reason it seems to have attracted a lot of hate over the years, I think to fully appreciate it you also have to take into account all the hype and the build from its release. The marketing was genius, as kids we all bought into it as being real, my friend told me about it and we both totally believed it. Even the TV and radio spots scared the life out of me, even before watching the film I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened to the three characters. I didn't actually end up watching it until around 2001 and even after it was all revealed as a hoax, it still remains one of my favourite films. I will never forget my mate's next door neighbour popping round one day, he'd been to see it at the cinema the night before and hadn't been able to sleep even with the light turned on!

I'm also a big fan of the film adaption of Stephen King's 'IT'. Sure the ending is absolutely terrible in almost every way, but Tim Curry as Pennywise the clown is still terrifying. I love that book and all of its characters but that clown is iconic in his own horrible way, he haunted me as a kid.

Comment

I didn't see BWP until it was first on TV but I still enjoyed it. How it goes from being light hearted to creepy is very well done.

I've not seen the 1980s telemovie of IT, but one of my friends used to go on about it a lot.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              I didn't see BWP until it was first on TV but I still enjoyed it. How it goes from being light hearted to creepy is very well done.

I've not seen the 1980s telemovie of IT, but one of my friends used to go on about it a lot.
                              IT was 1990 dude, its a decent film but i find it more hilarious than scary, i guess if you suffer from coulrophobia it'd be a damn site scarier lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X