Scampi Fries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scampi Fries

Can you still get them? . I know that you can get a 'version' of them at Asda but not sure how close they are to the original.

Really enjoyed a pint and a packet of Scampi Fries in the pub during the 80's.

Re: Scampi Fries

You can still get them. They sell them in multipacks in places like Poundworld. I think there are bacon flavour ones in the packs too. Like a lot of things, they seem a lot smaller but they taste the same!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      You can still get them. They sell them in multipacks in places like Poundworld. I think there are bacon flavour ones in the packs too. Like a lot of things, they seem a lot smaller but they taste the same!
      That's good to hear ricky!. If I ever find a poundworld I'll but some............Is that the same as poundland? . Don't fancy the bacon ones tbh.

Comment

They do both bacon and scampi fries in the pub I drink in. I've not noticed any shrinkage in size either.

Comment

I had a single packet of Scampi fries from a local corner shop a few weeks ago. They were exactly as I remember.
          Heather

Comment

They sell the Scampi fries/bacon things in bulk at B&M homestores. They must be delivered by dump truck on a daily basis as they stock so many of the things. I love the Scampi fries with a bottle of Hobgoblin but I pass on the bacon ones because they are so so salty.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
              I had a single packet of Scampi fries from a local corner shop a few weeks ago. They were exactly as I remember.
              They are one of the few things to stay the same. My aunt got me some Swizzels Matlow Refreshers for Christmas and they are the same too. Old sweets, you can't beat 'em.

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
              They sell the Scampi fries/bacon things in bulk at B&M homestores. They must be delivered by dump truck on a daily basis as they stock so many of the things. I love the Scampi fries with a bottle of Hobgoblin but I pass on the bacon ones because they are so so salty.
              I love the bacon ones, but they repeat on me something chronic. Even when I was a lad they used to do the same. You'd spend the night burping up bacon fires.

I didn't know B&M stocked them. I have one of those like a 5 minute walk away. Might have a gander and see if I can pick some up.

Comment

me and my sister used to love these back when we were kids, when our dad used to take us to the pub he'd always buy us a packet, i too have had a packet recently and at least they still taste the same

Comment

So they still do them!, thanks guys..I'm sure I'll find a stockist near me then

Comment

I went to B&M and picked up a multipack for 99p. I just had some Scampi ones. They were lovely!

Comment

Working...
                    X